Katherine Wreck, Ocho Rios

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fastmarc

Just drifting along...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I visited this little wreck on the north coast and had a pretty nice dive.
Here are a couple of inhabitants that caught my eyes.

I have no idea what kind of fish this is, but it was very tiny. Occasionally it darted out of it's hole and grab a particle. Didn't even care that I was there. Very cute.
KatherineWreck9thSeptember07037copy.jpg

... and this one.
KatherineWreck9thSeptember07056copy.jpg

I really need a strobe for WA, but I'll share anyway. :D
KatherineWreck9thSeptember07046copy.jpg

I think they are called Secretary Blennies? Nice one!

On that WA, is that the out of camera one? Or did you PP it? It's quite purpley looking and I'd be interested to know how it was shot/PPd coz I think shots like this can come up with nicer blues with some tweaking!

Oh, another trick - leave your flash ON and flip the camera so (in this case) the camera is vertical and the flash is in the lower right - this will direct the light into the reef/sponge but not light up the water too much. Expose for your water and see what happens :)

Midwestdvr & Alcina, thanks for the comments.

On that WA, is that the out of camera one? Or did you PP it? It's quite purpley looking and I'd be interested to know how it was shot/PPd coz I think shots like this can come up with nicer blues with some tweaking!
I know I really should resist the temptation and stick to macro, but I just can't help myself. :D
I did a WB in Camera Raw, so that may be the cause. I'll do some fooling around to see if I can get it a bit better.

Oh, another trick - leave your flash ON and flip the camera so (in this case) the camera is vertical and the flash is in the lower right - this will direct the light into the reef/sponge but not light up the water too much. Expose for your water and see what happens :)
That's a great idea. I'll give that a try. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom