Karl Wallin - Founder of Wallin Dive Center in Redwood City passed away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Old Skool Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Don't know too much, but I heard Karl passed away a couple days ago. Karl founded Wallin Dive Center in Redwood City, CA with his wife Jill. They sold the store and it was moved down the road to San Carlos, CA. The name changed slighltly to Wallin's Dive Center. Karl never liked that.

I know there is another forum for this kind of notice, but I thought older local diver's like me would remember Karl and Jill.

If anyone who knew Karl wants to send a card to Jill, her address is PO Box 111 Mendocino 95460

RIP

Last edited:
Karl Wallin passed away last week and Wallin's Dive Center is re-opening. I got an email today that there is a new Wallin's Dive Center in San Mateo opening this weekend.

Spooky if you ask me.

Vince is one of the old instructors and is carring on in San Mateo. I am going to check it out. He has an olymic pool on site. Pretty cool.

Here is a link for the sale. Maybe I will see you there.

OSD

Don't know too much, but I heard Karl passed away a couple days ago. Karl founded Wallin Dive Center in Redwood City, CA with his wife Jill. They sold the store and it was moved down the road to San Carlos, CA. The name changed slighltly to Wallin's Dive Center. Karl never liked that.

I know there is another forum for this kind of notice, but I thought older local diver's like me would remember Karl and Jill.

If anyone who knew Karl wants to send a card to Jill, her address is PO Box 111 Mendocino 95460

RIP

RIP

Old Skool: Thank you for posting. I spoke briefly with Jill Wallin. She seemed at peace. Karl passed at 84.

Both Jill and Karl were pioneers. They were diving world wide, taking great U/W pics and providing a wonderful
dive store for the San Francisco bay area.

It was privilege to know Karl.

Back
Top Bottom