Kao Lak, Similans, Richelieu in May???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha, yes I guess thats the best way. I might do the same with the resort. Book the first days and from there on I will see. Thank for your advices.
BTW you seem to now the region very well. Do you know anything about the BaanKrating resort in Khao Lak?

Cheers

That resort is pretty good, but there are actually a few others here that offer better deals.
It depends on the attitude you are looking for. Like Ayara has awesome bungalows right on the beach with the breeze coming right in the windows. No other resorts nearby and run by a cool Swedish girl named Aimee. Other choices abound...PM me

I've done several trips on the Dolphin Queen, one of them being the first week of May 2005, and it was rough on the way out and on the way back and we never got to Richelieu, on the similans you can always find shelter. This is the reason most of the LOB's stop doing safari's around this time. It's a gamble with the weather at this time of year. Hope you have a nice time.

I was on a 3 night/4 day trip to the similans/surins/richelieu with Sea Dragon over Christmas and cannot say enough about them. The staf was friendly, responsible, knowledgeable and very accomidating. The boat was quite comfortable in my opinion and the food was spectacular. The trip was made easy as they took care of transportation to and from the boat and even helped us find accomodations and eatteries afterwards.

They managed to cater to everyone from Open Water divers (there were 2) to instructors (there were 3) and everyone in between.

I highly recommend them.

Hi, we're planning on a liveaboard trip to Similan in Early April. So far we've shortlisted Similan Diving Safaris, on MV Dolphin Queen. Is the condition that cheap and bad? ;p
I've only tried Liveaboard in Cairns, and they are really clean, nice and comfy. what should we be expecting?

They are offering a 4 days, 4 Nights trip Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu. If I want shorter trip, say 3 days, would I be able to see as much? My aim for this trip are the Whale Sharks and Mantas. Please advise on trips available and perhaps alternative dive operators for comfort. :p

I too will be in Khao Lak at the beginning of April. Want to get on a liveaboard on the 9th (or if I have to on the 10th) and dive Richelieu Rock and the Surins. Last I already dove the Similans last year so would prefer to see some new islands but if I had to go back to the Similans for ONE of the days I would not cry :wink: they were pretty. The dive ops that I have visited already have their schedules posted and they do not jive with mine, the Sea dragon included--- but I did write them in case there is a charter going out on the 9th. If there are any other recommendations (other than the ones listed here so far) I would like to know. Would prefer to be comfortable in AC and have an op with very good safety standards…..And if you know of a good mid price resort in the Khao Lak area that is on the beach pls let me know, thanks

tarzana

I got some private recommendations from scubaboard members and an outside contact too. Has anyone ever been on the MV Genesis with FUNDives.net?

tarzana

tarzana:
I got some private recommendations from scubaboard members and an outside contact too. Has anyone ever been on the MV Genesis with FUNDives.net?

tarzana

I don't know about fundives.net, but Genesis is run by Sea Bees. You should be in good hands with them. The trip you must be talking about (April 10-12) is a three-day/two-night sailing that goes north to Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, and Richelieu.

thank quero, i will go ahead and book with them. i have heard of the seabees but did not know that they run this boat. they are going to the exact dive sites that i have not seen so that is great! gracias!
tarzana

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom