Kalimantan - Maratua - Nabucco island resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome, thanks for your input, what seasons have you dove RA?

I dove there during dry season (in eastern Indonesia it is from October to April) when the visibility is better. I was there in January 2010, November 2010, April 2013, December 2015, May 2016 & November 2017.

May is the transition month from dry to wet season in RA. I was in Raja4 Divers resort (Pulau Pef) in May 2016, Pulau Pef - Little Raja Ampat Trip Report. It was at the end of dry season and the freshwater reservoir was low. We started showering with brackish water then. Next time I'll visit them at the beginning of the dry season, in November, when the freshwater is still plentiful.

The best month to dive in is November in my opinion. I was there in November 2010 & 2017. Check out my latest RA trip report: Nov 20 - Dec 2, 2017 Ambon - Sorong Crossing Trip Report

I read that from June 15th to September 15th can be very windy and rough wet season. So, I'll avoid that time. Some of the liveaboards use the month of May to sail from RA to Komodo and operate in Komodo from June to August.

In September some of them would return to RA via Alor, Banda Sea, Ambon. I plan to take one of the crossing trip next year: Ring of Fire September 9-19, 2019

Last edited:
Thanks Dan, great info, maybe we should pull this thread or RA will be overrun !!!

Back
Top Bottom