JW Fisher U/W metal detector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yotsie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone one using any model JW Fisher metal detector? Looking for comments on performance, maintainence, etc.

Or do you use another brand?

Paul

Hey I had the same question about the Trident Viper, Never got any response> I'll watch to see if you get any!

I use the Detectorpro headhunter. It has all the controls in the headset and really easy to use. It has worked really well for me.

9mm:
I use the Detectorpro headhunter. It has all the controls in the headset and really easy to use. It has worked really well for me.

Thanks! I will look up info on that unit. I appreciate the response!

Our department uses JW Fishers Pulse 8x and I think they are the best thing going. We use several coils, 10", 18" and 48"x8."

The most common coil we use though is the 18" on the lowest power setting. That way we are covering a broad area picking stuff up a couple inches below the mud, as opposed to a couple feet down.

Good luck!

The JW fisher is widely accepted as the benchmark in UW metal detectors.

For the record.... I responded to the post about the "trident" detectors. If you need me to be more blunt: They are an unknown company, and untill proven otherwise, I would categorize them as JUNK.

FD

I've got a Fisher 1280X (note- Fisher is a different company than JW Fisher) that I've been using for about 14 years- never had a problem, great for finding medium sized targets with the 10" coil. (That means guns ;-))

Tom

Thanks all. I belikeve we are pretty much sold on the metal detector. I will recommend the various size coils.

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom