JVC GC-WP10A Compact Video Package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schlackerrat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm wanting to get an entry level video system. I've been looking at the Ikelite JVC Picsio GC-FM1 Compact Video Package Underwater Housing for JVC Camcorder, but I've noticed that they have an newer one out.
Now I'm thinking out buying the JVC Picsio GC-WP10A Compact Video Package Underwater Housing for JVC Camcorder instead.
Has anyone used this newer system that could possible post an review? Any information would be great! Thanks!

I've been looking for this answer myself. The only difference I can find is that the non-touch screen one takes 8MP stills versus the touch screen models 5MP stills. Also, it's my guess that the touch screen model would consume battery power faster since it has a larger screen.
But on the plus side, if the case was improperly sealed or the o-ring failed, the waterproof touch screen model would be fine as long as the pressure did not equalize inside. Whereas the other model would be ruined.
The touchscreen also has fewer buttons, but I'm not sure if all the controls can still be accessed by those few buttons.
Those are the the only things I could pick up off the website, but an informed person should post so I can make my decision too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom