Just went out and bought some stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lilseth0014

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just purchased an Avid BC (Sm). I also baught a Henderson titanium hyper stretch full 7mm wet suit. Also a hyper stretch hood. And gold core gloves. All of this gear came up to be 1,050 bucks. How did i do?

I just purchased an Avid BC (Sm). I also baught a Henderson titanium hyper stretch full 7mm wet suit. Also a hyper stretch hood. And gold core gloves. All of this gear came up to be 1,050 bucks. How did i do?

Hi Lilseth,
Question - where did you buy your package? The reason I'm asking is that it seems way overpriced. Check out other LDS's as well as authorized online stores and compare. Maybe with a good comparison in hand, wherever you purchased you package from will make good on the difference.
Please let us know how you make out.
Take Care,
George

Suggested retail on the avid is around 500-550. Henderson hyperstretch 7mm full easy 450-500. add another 100 for hood and gloves and it's not far off of suggested retail. However you should not have paid that much. They should have thrown the gloves or hood in or dropped the price of everything as a package deal. Avid dealers may not advertise below a certain price but no reason they could not give you at min 10% off that. Especially if they want to keep your business and considering the markup on it is most likey 75-100% of cost. In short: they may have seen you coming. You could have done alot better. leisure pro avid 07 model-344. new 460, suit 518, hood & gloves 55&59 respectively so if you went for an 07 bc total would have been 980 or so no shipping or tax. So maybe you were not too far off but still alot of money. Just curious why you went with a 7 mil? You're gonna need alot of lead.

Im diving up in new england near mass. gets pretty cold. i was chilly with a 7 mill farmer pants and shorty the last time i went. So i thought a 7 mill would be the best.

the prices on the tags at the store was as followed.

7mm Hyperstretch Jump Suit $444
Avid BCD $445
Gold Core velcro gloves $55
Hyperstretch hooded vest $187

The prices on my receipt are as followed

7mm Hyperstretch Jump Suit $390
Avid BCD $438
Gold Core velcro gloves $45
Hyperstretch hooded vest $127

Sorry i forgot i got the hooded vest and not just the hood.

Did you at least get dinner and a movie? Sorry, that's rude, but if all you got was a suit and BC for over a grand it looks like you payed significantly over retail.
Well, if it wasn't rude, it sure was funny!
JimLap:
Suggested retail on the avid is around 500-550. Henderson hyperstretch 7mm full easy 450-500. add another 100 for hood and gloves and it's not far off of suggested retail.
I am going to agree with Jim on this one. Even looking at on-line discount prices, what you paid is not outrageous. Could you have done a little better (~$100-$150) with some assertive negotiating? Possibly. But, you went with a high end, but well-regarded, thick wetsuit, a good BCD, and a hooded vest (not just a hood) so you did not massively overspend. Ultimately, it is a GREAT deal if the suit fits you well (it should) and the BCD fits you well, and you feel comfortable diving them. If you really like your gear, and enjoy using it, what you paid for it quickly becomes a distant memory. One other thought - you have now spent a not inconsiderable amount of money with the LDS. Use that to your advantage for future purchases. Expect exemplary service and attention from them, because you have earned it.

Thank you for giving me some regards to this. I was a little bummed out of what i paid. But the LDS Said he will throw in a free depth gauge for my console and or a compass. So i am hoping. that goes through. I tryed the BC on with the wets suit and a tank at the shop and all in all it fit really well. i liked it and i hope it does the job of keeping me warm.

But the LDS Said he will throw in a free depth gauge for my console and or a compass. So i am hoping. that goes through.
That is a reasonable action on the part of the LDS. You are on your way to establishing a mutually beneficial commercial relationship.

congrats on your purchases - considering the prices we pay down here you are much better off than we are!

maybe hindsight you coul have been more pushy to ask for a better deal but some people arent like. so dont forget for next purchase ask for some add-ons to the sale, what else you can get out of it. even if its a fill card if you buy a tank or a course and torch if you buy a reg-you dont know what else you can get unless you ask :wink:

......I tryed the BC on with the wets suit and a tank at the shop and all in all it fit really well. .......
thats the little bit extra you pay for than going for an online & unseen purchase.... put a value on the customer service and lds relationship you hope to build

enjoy your new gear - hope it brings you many safe & warm dives!!

cheers

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom