Just starting out questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike,
Thanks, I heard that MAC offers the best options but was not sure of the editing SW until jumping into the forum. Buying a new laptop is no problem in light of what I invested already.
My wife and I planned to get accustom to the setup in the pool, then offshore, all before heading to Truk later this year (2 wks in Oct). Wendy has been into photography for many years as a hobby but not video and only a limited amount UW pictures. It is still a hobby but want to do it right.

Wil

Steve,
I plan to look into both systems but favor laptops. I travel quite frequently with the Navy and laptops are easier to manage.

Have been looking into editing SW. What are your thoughts on the MAC Final Cut Studio2? Is Final Cut Pro by itself enough? Not planning to go professional or anything just want to make a wise choice. Sometimes packaged software is a better deal than individual buying add-on SW.

Wil

Will,
Final Cut Studio will contain all you need for almost every project. I am Apple certified and have been using and teaching it since its inception. Studio is a combination of applications, Final Cut Pro, Motion(like Adobe After Effects) LiveType, Compressor, and Soundtrack Pro. In my mind, it is the only way to go. The learning curve is still there but there are now an abundance of supplementary materials that can help you learn. This is why I give so many lessons. Don't know where you live but Mike at H2O Photo Pros in Newport Beach, Ca. will have me doing some editing seminars up there sometime in May. I also give lessons privately and over iChat.
The only hitch to buying Final Cut Studio 2 now is that there is talk in the wind of a Studio 3 coming out. The folk at Apple would not confirm or deny that and it is being kept a big secret. Maybe after the NAB show we will know more.
The best website to learn more about editing and to have problems answered is the Kenneth Stone website. Bring it up, click on the FCP banner and you will be where you should be. I've written over 130 articles, tutorials and reviews for this site as well as the Los Angeles Final Cut Pro User Group site and both are excellent. Whenever I have my own problems, I post on the kenstone.net site and I get an answer quickly.
Let me know if I can be of any help.
Steve

Steve,

Thanks! The information form you and Mike (H2O Phot Pros) has been VERY Helpful. Will follow-up on the sites you mentioned.

Safe Diving,
Wil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom