Just returned from Lake Rawlings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vbdivechick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just got back from a weekend trip to Lake Rawlings. Had a blast! The vis was down because there were a ton of beginner classes going on, but I was able to swim through the bus, the plane, a boat, car, I even played pinball on my night dive! It's a fun place to dive, and the water temp was great! I only wore a skin on Saturday, even on my night dive. But I never went below 35 feet that day. Sunday I wore a 7m, and that was a good choice. My deepest depth registered 67 on my computer, and it was freezing down there!
It wasn't intolerable, but it was pretty cold. Camping was fun, and I met a lot of nice people. Please let me know if anyone would like to go there during the week! I hear the vis is a lot better Tues-Thurs. I have a new album of pics you can check out! Happy Diving!!

Where did you manage to squeeze 67 feet out of rawlings? I've been all over and the best I could find was 61.

67 is what registered on my computer and my instructors computer. He had another one on him that registered 63. we went down by the blue buoy marker, close to the plane.

My 13yr old daughter was one of the ones making the water dirty... lol... she had a blast getting here cert, we are going back on the 9th, she has to show me the bus... :)

Scuba Chief- congrats to your daughter. I think Lake Rawlings is a terrific place to get certified. It felt like a comfortable, safe enviroment to learn in. I'll definitely go back, too. Just don't know when. I'll be diving in Puerto Rico AUG 1-16th.

My 13yr old daughter was one of the ones making the water dirty... lol... she had a blast getting here cert, we are going back on the 9th, she has to show me the bus... :)

Hey ScubaChief - were you guys with the group of kids under the 2 blue tarped covers? I saw a bunch of youngin's totin' their gear down to the lake.

I went up by myself hoping to find someone to tag along with and met a couple of real nice folks camping next to me and they let me be a buddy. It was a wonderful time. That's the great thing about diving I've seen so far. Most folks seem to be great team players.

No she was with Underwater Adventures (Hampton), last group on the portside heading towards the water. Her and I will be up there again on the 9th...

Hey all, the deepest part of the lake is supposed to be right under the floating platform. It's suppose to be 65' there as so the staff says! BTW ScubaChief's daughter is a great beginning diver, she show alot of potential! --- Stay Diving ---!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom