just returned from Galapagos....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Chicoval,

Just let me know when the boat is booked and I'll sign up. I'll PM you later but gotta run now. I've been on the computer every night since I got home. See you online next week and have great time this weekend (imagine Dean red with envy).

Deano2

WOW!

I just checkout out the www site for Aquatic Adventures.. that Galapagos trip is certainly out of my price range. (The guy serving dinner on the boat was serving lobster in a tuxedo)...

Better take out that second mortgage....

Seriously tho, looks like an amazing trip - hope I get to do that one of these days..

D.

The diving on our trip was ok, the currents were mild but they were there. I can imagine that it can really get going though seeing that it's basically a few rocks in the middle of the pacific. If you choose a good operator they will take care of you. Marc at Aquatic Encounters told me a guy with one leg went once and he was ok. I would seriously receommend you look at AQ, they are wonderful. This trip is expensive though, not only the price of the trip but all the add ons like overnights, airfare, park entrance fees make the trip even that much more expensive. My advise is get some experience and move up a few levels in your diving skills, then when you feel ready book the trip and go, it;s definitely worth it if you like big stuff. Morgage the house, go into debt but go at least once, the Galapagos are very unique.

If you do book a trip make sure your operator goes to Darwin Island.

Here's the scoop on time of year. There are two seasons. Dec-May is dry but some rain, they have sunny skies and mild seas (2 ft swells). The hammers are always there I'm told but in smaller numbers and the whale sharks aren;t. From June-Nov, the seas get rough (5-10 ft swells) and sky is overcast. But thats when the hammers aggregate in larger schools and whale sharks show up. So it's a trade off, mild seas, sunny skies, no large schools of hammers and no whale sharks or rough seas, cloudy skies, 100's of hammers and chance to encounter whale sharks.

Save the money and go, it's a wonerfully unique place and land trips are cool too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom