Just purchased the 9-18mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Olympus Housing so I'll probably end up with the PP0-E04 Dome Port. Although I might take a look at the Inon Port for the 8mm.

I've got the 9-18 and the PPO-E04 is arriving, but I did not find the gear for the lens. Do you know where I can purchase it?
Thank you

I think this item should be availible at the dealer that you purchased the lens.
It is an Olympus part, so any Olympus dealer should have it or could order it.
I found this info on Olympus website.
It's called PPZR-E07

They say this lens fits in the PPO-E04 port.

good luck

I think this item should be availible at the dealer that you purchased the lens.
It is an Olympus part, so any Olympus dealer should have it or could order it.
I found this info on Olympus website.
It's called PPZR-E07

They say this lens fits in the PPO-E04 port.

good luck

Thanks mickey
I'll try with an american dealer, because in Italy, Germany and France I did not find it and in the italian/european Olympus website I did not find any information about it.
Anyway now I've the Oly art. ref. maybe the reserch will be easier.
Thank you very much again.
Marco

This item is not in the US. yet but it is coming.

Phil

Attachments

• item7742p1.jpg
    item7742p1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 45
Athena has announced a 9-18 mm zoom port which appears to be the same port as the one for the 14 to 42 lens. It also uses the same gear as the 14 to 42 zoom. The 9-18 mm is the smallest lens of its class and moves very little when zoomed. It appears that at the 18 mm end of the lens a diopter can also be dropped in front of the lens to improve the close-up range.

I own the lens but not the port and would be interested in hearing from anyone who has both about how well the combo works.

This port is very small 116 X 66 mm (4.56 X 3 inches) and should also work well with the 35 mm macro in a pinch.

ƒAƒeƒiH‰›

Phil Rudin

Phil....makes me wonder if the Inon dome port for the 14-42 would work as well. I also, after receiving the lens, think the zoom gear for the 14-42mm will work just fine. The lens is the same barrel size (indistinguishable with the eye) as the 14-42mm. I've yet to purchase a port and have an up and coming trip to Asia and though I might purchase it in Hong Kong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom