Just picked up regulator from 2 year service/rebuild - what to do with old parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishhy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
When I picked up my regulator from service; they included a baggie with all the old parts.
Most everything looked good with a tiny bit of dirt on the diaphragm and a couple small o-rings.
Everything looked pretty good- I suppose they give you back your parts to prove they've been replaced, not for me to keep as spares-
If I had an issue, I don't think I'd pull out anything from that bag except maybe a hose o-ring for my save a dive kit?

What do you all do with it? Keep it as proof if you ever need to send it in to the manufacturer, throw it all away, keep some of it?

James79

Reinventor of Wheels
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When I picked up my regulator from service; they included a baggie with all the old parts.
Most everything looked good with a tiny bit of dirt on the diaphragm and a couple small o-rings.
Everything looked pretty good- I suppose they give you back your parts to prove they've been replaced, not for me to keep as spares-
If I had an issue, I don't think I'd pull out anything from that bag except maybe a hose o-ring for my save a dive kit?

What do you all do with it? Keep it as proof if you ever need to send it in to the manufacturer, throw it all away, keep some of it?
I'm a terrible example, but I also work on/rebuild/build from scratch most of my own gear. If you DIY, some bits may be worth setting aside and checking for serviceability, but if you're not going to be DIY'ing stuff just toss it as @Marie13 does. You are correct that they return the old parts as proof of work/replacement.

Respectfully,

James

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Throw away and dispose of properly.

Top Bottom