Just passed Fundamentals in Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xdjio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am pleased to report that I just passed (rec) Fundies and Doubles today with Alan Johnson. This was a great course and a great weekend of diving.

I am ESPECIALLY pleased with myself because I came back to diving with a bit of practice after an 8 month hiatus (divorce) and really pulled myself into solid shape for the course, and then passed it. YESSSSSSS. Also I am probably NEVER going back to single tank diving here if I can avoid it.

Now it is time to get out there and remember what it is like to dive for fun and not 100% skills practice :)

Welcome to the dark side........congrats.

Hey that's great news :)!! Congrats!

Now go enjoy all those newly polished skills :)

Congratulations! And hooray for the fun diving . . . although it doesn't hurt to throw in an S or valve drill now and again :)

Doubles are a tool, though; there are some entries and exits that aren't much fun in them!

Congratulations! You will find that fun dives are more fun now, because you can be where you want to be, in order to see what you want to see.
I totally understand your feelings on doubles.
I only dive singles for the past year if doubles are either not available or I am diving off a boat that is hard to climb back up on.

Wait till you travel a few hundred miles south. The water moves there (well, "here" for the moment)!

I do love doubles, though.

Congrats on the pass!

Congratulations! And hooray for the fun diving . . . although it doesn't hurt to throw in an S or valve drill now and again :)

Heed these words! LOL.

I got the rec pass in doubles in Feb and will be going through the tech upgrade next month. I did a lot of fun diving after class with very little skills training as relates to valve and S-drills. When I started running S-drills again I felt like a beginner as I missed steps, etc. Anyway, per team discussion and agreement, we now do a drill dive at each and every outing. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom