Just ordered the Backscatter tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codefox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have the SRP blurfix but their tray, while nice, is way overpriced imo. I thought about a DIY rig but I'm pretty lazy :D The Backscatter tray seems like a pretty good value. A little more than it would cost to DIY but pretty reasonable. I'm hoping it gets in before the weekend so I can try it out. I didn't do a very good job of mounting my SRP either and it leaked into the lens. I took it apart and redid it after my dives but if it doesn't work again I may just buy the Backscatter. I like the idea of hot-swapping the filters underwater.

I like the 2 arms on the SRP tray better and I will never be switching out the filters so the backscatter doesn't appeal to me very much.
Also, you probably did one of 2 things wrong: not enough silicone, or not screwing the filter on tight enough(what I did first time)

I like the 2 arms on the SRP tray better and I will never be switching out the filters so the backscatter doesn't appeal to me very much.
Also, you probably did one of 2 things wrong: not enough silicone, or not screwing the filter on tight enough(what I did first time)

Well, as for the tray...I agree on the superiority of the SRP tray. However I just didn't feel it was worth 3 - 4 times as much as the backscatter :wink:

And I know where my issue was in my first attempt at the SRP blurfix. I definitely did not have enough silicon, especially in the screwholes. I could see where the water was leaking in. The filter was on super tight :wink: I'm going to go diving again this weekend so I'll try out my redone blurfix. If it works then I'll be quite happy. If it doesn't I don't feel like continually messing with it so I'll buy either the blurfix pre-done or the backscatter.

Back
Top Bottom