Just ordered my daughter a Zeagle Zena, and Envoy Deluxe package foe Christmas!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent, sounds like you did your homework! My first reg was an Envoy and although I've switched to a Flathead VI, I still use my beloved Envoy as my octo. :) I like to say it breathes as well at 10 feet as 100 feet, it's a great reg!

If she can't find the perfect mouthpiece, consider a SeaCure. It is a custom moldable mouthpiece that you custom fit to each person. What I like most about it is that I don't have to "grip" it, it stays in place by virtue of just keeping my mouth closed.

Also the Zena has a certain way it needs to be adjusted on the body so it won't ever move while diving. If you've not seen my "tutorial" please search for it, or ask and I'll repost. At the very least, please advise your daughter that the MIDDLE strap should sit AT her natural waist. If she cannot position the middle strap at her waist, she'll need a bigger shoulder section. Correct positioning of the middle strap is essential to proper fit.

what happens if there is no natural waist or if the new waist has move to the hips area?

Well I just spoke to my daughter who is on her way back to school after an awesome weekend of diving in Key Largo with her new gear. She says that her vest was very comfortable and fits well except she does feel that the shoulders are a bit loose even though they are tightened to the max. She ended up sticking with the original Zeagle mouthpiece because the others I ordered felt too small and the original felt fine. She loved the regulator too! It was a stressful week leading up to the trip because she was diagnosed with a sinus infection on Monday and then infections in both ears on Wed. She was freaking out because she spent alot of her hard earned money for the trip and the certification class. The trip included her 4 open water dives to complete her certification...She rested, drank lots of fluids, took all her medicine, prayed, bought some special earplugs that are supposed to help with equalization, and convinced the dive instructor to allow her to try with the promise that she would abort the dive if she was unable to equalize or felt any pain(mom was not in favor of this plan :shakehead:). She was able to do it and said that actually a couple of others in the class that were not sick had much more trouble than her! She reported no pain, and none last night or tonight either. Hopefully her recheck with the MD on Tuesday will go well, although I'm sure the MD will not be impressed by her weekend activities. Anyway, I wanted you Zeagle fans out there to know that another happy Zeagle diver has joined your ranks!!

Sounds like she's joining the ranks easily! Congrats to her! Don't forget that she can easily swap that shoulder section out for a smaller one, and since its the easiest piece to change, she shouldn't hesitate to do so!

Thanks, I'll let her know. Can she do that through a local shop in Fla even though I purchased it here in NY? And any idea how much it would cost?

She should be able to order the section at any shop that carries Zeagle. I haven't a clue at the cost, but before she does anything, you might ask the shop you bought it from if they'll exchange it for you.

Since she's already dove the BC I'm afraid a straight exchange on component sizes would be a no, unless you're really good friends with your dive shop. But purchasing a new replacement shoulder section can be done from any Zeagle dealer. The part number for the shoulder section by itself is 7468-"SIZE" (replace "SIZE" with your appropriate size, obviously).

Glad to hear she liked the Zeagle stuff and that her trip was fun! PM me her address and I'll drop a few stickers in the mail for her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom