Just ordered MPK-PHA and SONY P-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sean00xj

Reaction score
Just bought the SONY MPK-PHA and P-10. I went with sony becaue I have had their cameras in the past and I liked them. I went with the P-10 because I like the automaticness of Sony cameras. I will be taking this camera with me to the Great Barrier Reef in June. I'm very excited. This will be my first attempt at underwater photography. This camera will primarily be a 'land' camera.

Did you order it from imagestation?
I'm about to order the same set up.

I hope you'all like it as much as I enjoy my Sony. I've had mine a year and a half, 2900 pictures later, I'm still having a ball with it. It goes everywhere in my coat pocket. One thing about a good photo you never know when it will appear.

I've been very pleased with the results under water also. Different challeges, I'm still changing the camera settings around and how I tie the camera to my BC. Hopefully I'll get these resolved next weekend before Bonaire in two weeks.

I ordered the case through imagestation, it arrived in less than a week. I originally ordered the camera through Ritz but as of yesterday they said they weren't expecting them for another two weeks. So I canceled and ordered through Sony, they indicated they would ship it the next day, cost me another 30 bucks for TAX but atleast I'll have it by my trip. Is there any way to buy an extended warenty? Sony's site does not sell them? ARe there any third party sources available?

I just ordered the same set up on friday.
A little cheaper than sonystyle/imagestation but I have time to wait.
We'll see just how long I guess.

Got the P10 from mp superstore online.
$424.95 less $20 (online coupon code for mp) plus 32.70 shipping, no tax.
Total $437.65

They called me today pressuring the extended warranty, I finally bit as the price dropped. $79.99 for 5 years.

Sean, I asked for you. He said he could do the 5 year for you for $99.99, he gave me the extra $20 off because I bought it there.
Send me a PM if you want his name and number. I think the warranty is through MAC if that means anything to you.

I got the MPK-PHA through ecost online.
$166.34 plus $9.99 overnight shipping (they will do free ground service) plus $7.95 handling, no tax.
Total $184.28

ecost doesn't stock it. They ordered it from sony after I placed my order. They said about 10 days for them to get it then they will ship it out. They won't drop ship it directly from sony. Which is why I added the overnight delivery.

I will let you know if all goes well with shipping and delivery.

I have the same set up, camera and housing. I have yet to use the camera underwater but it takes great pictures on land. The only thing I have a question on is the flash ability. I have read many articales advising the use of a strobe. Sony does not make a strobe however they make a light that can be attached.

Look into the purchasing some kind of strobe when you get the chance. I hear the picture will come out much better...

rakjar once bubbled...
I have the same set up, camera and housing. I have yet to use the camera underwater but it takes great pictures on land. The only thing I have a question on is the flash ability. I have read many articales advising the use of a strobe. Sony does not make a strobe however they make a light that can be attached.

Look into the purchasing some kind of strobe when you get the chance. I hear the picture will come out much better...

The sony halogen light sucks.... Look into a slave strobe....

In the carribbean and quarries I get good picks w/o external lighting at moderate depths when there is good viz.

I have a Sea&Sea YS 25 strobe. It has a fiber-optic connector from the slave port on the strobe to the strobe lens on the P-10 camera. Made my own arm andtray; positioned a shade with a hole for the fiber-optic in front of the flash on the camera.

Etronics has the P10 for $370. The housing price went up from $165 to around $185, but thats the cheapest prices I found for this combo. Got mine in about a week after I placed the order. FYI.

Jetwrench

Back
Top Bottom