Just-in-case Case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OBXDIVEGUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone recommend a submersible case that would roughly be able to hold a pager size device? I just got a new SPOT personal locator, and I'd like to be able to have it on me when I'm under. Pelican has a good sized case, but it can only go to 50'. Pains Wessex makes a case for their epirb, but it's $200!

Before everyone gets into it, No, I don't plan on using the locator underwater, just at the surface. I want it with me for if the charter boat ditches me or something like that.

Thanks!

Does anyone recommend a submersible case that would roughly be able to hold a pager size device? I just got a new SPOT personal locator, and I'd like to be able to have it on me when I'm under. Pelican has a good sized case, but it can only go to 50'. Pains Wessex makes a case for their epirb, but it's $200!

Before everyone gets into it, No, I don't plan on using the locator underwater, just at the surface. I want it with me for if the charter boat ditches me or something like that.

Thanks!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/making-your-own-gear/130428-depth-rated-container.html

Otter boxes are rated to 100'. I've had one to 90, no problem, but others seem to disagree. If the Ikelite utility cannister is big enough, look at it. OMS also makes one a little bigger. See the referenced thread for more, and search Scubaboard for even more.

The OMS looks like exactly what I'm looking for, but the inner diameter is a bit off. The SPOT is about 2.5" wide.

Where can I find something about the Ikelite one? I can't find anything on their site.

Last edited:
The OMS looks like exactly what I'm looking for, but the inner diameter is a bit off. The SPOT is about 2.5" wide.

Where can I find something about the Ikelite one? I can't find anything on their site.

Ikelite Clear Accessory Case (3001) from LeisurePro.com
See the "Ask the Pro" tab for dimensions, but I think it's smaller than the OMS, so that may not work. If you're a rec diver use an Otterbox, or look at the thread I referenced in a prior post, and search scubaboard for related threads, for other possibilities.

There are pressure-rated cannisters for these kinds of EPIRBs, see for example Fastfind Dive Canister.
Maximum peace-of-mind, I guess, but a bit pricey. Otter box looking better?

Back
Top Bottom