Just got my OW Cert.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexmartinezphoto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just got certified at Pearl Lake in South Beloit. It was pretty amazing except for the painful ear infection i have now..... any ideas how to prevent this from ever happening? at any rate i wanted to see what you guys had going on. i would love to meet some of you and get some dives under my belt

Congratulations. If you think Pearl was amazing, wait until you get to Haigh or better yet the Caribbean. THAT is amazing.

As for the ear thing, I'm no help. You mat want to consider posting that question in the New Diver section here New Divers and Those Considering Diving - ScubaBoard

I have also heard that if you use a concoction of 1/3 vinegar, 1/3 rubbing alcohol, 1/3 water after a dive, that helps prevent infection. You can do a search and try and find out more.

I see you are on our Facebook page. That will keep you posted on our next Hooky Dive 9which is Aug 18 BTW). Come on out to a meeting. There are quite a few experienced diver there that can also answer your questions.

The concoction I have always heard about and used myself is 1/3 vinegar, 1/3 rubbing alcohol, 1/3 peroxide. You may want to check with your ENT before using any homemade concoctions for your ears.

Good luck!

You may want to check with your ENT before using any homemade concoctions for your ears.

That advise makes the most sense. Thanks Greg.

You can get a bottle of ear drops for swimmers . My dive buddy gets ear infection reay easy. So he uses the swimmers ear drops. I think the on he uses is called swimmers ear Not shur who makes it .

Back
Top Bottom