Just got my housing for Fuji E900

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought the exact same setup! No strobes though. Glad to hear everyone has been happy with theirs.

The Kraken:
Even with the tray and the Ikelite DS-50 it's quite easy to handle, albeit it is a bit negative.

the K
Negative is a problem?

FWIW, I have yet to see the complete UW setup with arms, strobes, etc. that wasn't a bit negative. I prefer it that way, frankly. A good tether negates the risk of sinking (to my satisfaction, at least), and I'd rather have it below me than constantly floating up in my way, as happens with positive rigs. (I've only ever seen OEM housings with just the camera and no add-ons be positive.)

Well, I didn't say this, but my first u/w camera was a little Reefmaster. It was very floaty. But that's a good thing if you're a klutz . . . if you drop it, you drop it up !

But all in all, I've been very, very happy with my new rig.

I still a real newbie at u/w photography.

the K

Took my empty housing to a pool sunday and took under..all is fine so I put my E900 in and took some pictures...with out strobe because I did not have it yet ( on back order). I think the pictures look good...I have not yet downloaded them from the camera.. I have been too sick to do that. I will some time this weekend and post them here.

I got my DS-125 Yesterday...I so can't wait to get it wet! :)

Back
Top Bottom