Just got Dive Rite 901 drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just received, let me know if you have questions or need specific pictures. I ordered my custom made, kind of. Generic XL size but with neoprene socks (no boots). Also, asked for no leg pockets (I find pockets either useless or just get in a way for sidemount anyway). With delivery took 3 months.

First impressions - how light (weight wise) it is. Like 2 or 3 times lighter than my previous trilaminate. Also, it looks much darker in person than on manufacturer's pics, where it appears more gray than black. The hood it comes with is actually rather nice and will be used (but not with the drysuit), fit me just right too, sadly no bib on it, waterproof branded hoods still is the king. Not sure why the zipper has such a big handle, seems it can easily get caught on something. Did not come with any spare replaceable seals, sob story. Came in a nice 35L dry bag, though.

So, these are my racing thoughts so far.

Anyway, out of all the suits available, I decided to go with this one. Too bad the pictures are kind of limited for this model, so, let me know if there are any requests.

I have been diving one for two years, It has been easily the dryest suit I have ever worn.
I am a fan.

So how is it working out? Also, do they install p-valve ready suits?

You can order the suit with the new Dive Rite low profile p-valve which is awesome. It is the lowest profile p-valve I know of.

The suit is fantastic and easily the best suit I have ever owned. I think I have three of them now. I leave one in Mexico and Florida and keep one with me.

I dove mine until I shrunk out of it. A buddy of mine is still diving it. You can order it with or without a valve installed.

You can order the suit with the new Dive Rite low profile p-valve which is awesome. It is the lowest profile p-valve I know of.
It's lower profile than the Si Tech Trigon? The pics make it look like it would be slightly thicker overall, and slightly higher profile from the outer surface of the suit. But, that's just pictures...

I should be able to find out for sure next week. I'll post an update if I can. :)

How are you liking the suit still? I know this post is a few years old but I am potentially looking into this suit!

I got a 901 back in the Spring. I've done 16 dives in it. I like it a lot!

I don't know if it will prove to be as durable as my Seaskin trilam, but it sure is a lot lighter! That seems to translate pretty well into being a bit easier to don/doff, and a bit more comfy to just have on.

I got the version with replaceable seals. I fit Ultima dry glove rings to the Slaggo wrist system and they work well. I still like the Kubi rings and dry glove system better. They are less bulky. But, the Slaggo/Ultima gloves have definitely kept me dry!

I added the Dive Rite low profile pee valve myself. That was easy.

The only thing I wish was different is the pockets. I really do prefer zippered pockets. But, as velcro flap pockets go, the ones on the DR 901 are nice.

Back
Top Bottom