Just got back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okamiotoko2004

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hows it all. Just got back from Coz, had a great time and the diving was great, good times. How's the diving been here. Got 3 more days off before back to reality and only about 2 weeks till I leave. Saw the surf report and doesn't look to good for shore diving. Anyone getting wet the next couple days?

Stayed at the Casa Del Mar. Hotel was great and is made for divers. Got a great deal, all dives, meals and drinks included. My wife and myself for $500 and included gear since I was being lazy and didn't feel like bringing mine. 2 boat dives and 1 shore per day except for last day. Food was great at the hotel and couldn't beat the drinks included. Alot of lounging by the pool throwing back some.
Still alot of rebuilding there and the reefs are still beat up from Wilma but are rebounding. The currents took me by surprise there, I knew it was going to be drift diving but didn't think currents were that strong. Diving was great though, boat was huge and roomy and DM's were great. Only one so so dive at one of the shallower reefs (forget the name) the reef was really beat up and sanded over and had there was a psycho diver, she would just take off out to sea and the DM would have to go and get here and drag her back banging her gages on the coral, but that was the last dive she made.
All in all we had a killer time.

Good to have you back...glad you had a good time

I went diving today, At the Sea Tiger we had about 150' vis...it was just perfect

Went to Turtle Canyon for the 2nd dive and it was the first time I've been back there since the rains....Lots and lots of fish, but only about 30' vis....the reef didn't look happy.

I might be going diving on Thrusday, Friday Morning for sure.

Glad to hear you had a great trip!

Actually, it seems that on the occasional day the North Shore has been diveable - VBlueV posted that he saw a monk seal out there not too long ago - I'm so jealous.

Anyway, did a couple drift dives this past Sunday - one of the sites was Fish Gardens, I think it was called - out along the wall of Spitting Cave. The water was still a bit chilly, but conditions were great.

welcome back. glad you had it good in Coz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom