Just got back from palau: report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got back from 12days in Palau. Our first trip back in 18yrs. What a great time. We dove with Sams Tours. They run a good operation and everything was seemless for us. Best dives were Ulong channel and Virgin Hole with the adjacent wall dive. Blue Corner is crowded though and we enjoyed new Dropoff and Ulong for "hooking in". Less crowded. Cudos to Jeremey, Charlene, Ali, our attentive yet not smothering divemasters. We stayed at Palau Pacific Resort. Best on the Island. Loads of Sharks on nearly every dive. Thinking back to when we were there years ago, it is apparent that the pressure on sites like Blue Corner has taken a toll on the top of the reef. All the other aspects were great. Maybe a few less Jelly Fish in Jelly Fish lake. but whos counting.

Thanks for the nice trip report. We are heading to Palau next week. What were the water temperatures?

sounds like a great place to go, hummm maybe next year.

the water temps were 85-87...Dove 7 days and never got chilled. I wear a 3mm and felt over dressed. The Divemasters were for the most part in their swimsuits and a t shirt only. One in a bikini...I really felt over dressed.

the water temps were 85-87...Dove 7 days and never got chilled. I wear a 3mm and felt over dressed. The Divemasters were for the most part in their swimsuits and a t shirt only. One in a bikini...I really felt over dressed.
Nice to see that Charlene is back!:wink: Any stories from Jeremy & the Crew at Sams Tours on how they fared with SuperTyphoon Bopha? Any lingering signs of damage in town and on the Reefs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom