Just got back from Lembeh Strait with my D2X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outstanding wide angle. I have never been able to get a nice sunburst or normal blue colors from my S2. I think you've sold me on the D2X.

I really think you should start submitting your shots to Asian Diver -- they're definitely publishing quality.

Beautiful shots, every one of em.

The WA really has a great feel to it and the frogfish shot is pretty funny!

Saw your gallery.
Beside wonderful, terrific, gorgeous, fabulous, beautiful, fantastic, superb, stunning, smashing picture you have done. I don’t know more what to add… I am impressed

Great job. Clap clap. :35: :thumbs_up

ssra30:
I think KBR/Eco Diver or another dive op is having a photo contest there but I was not part of it. Just went on a regular dive trip there.

Just went to your website and drooled .. Beautiful shots and wonderful composition.. time to submit some of these for competition :clapping:... Wish I could afford the D2x...:poor:

Thanks for all the compliment. However, I have to say that the pictures look good mainly because of the interesting subjects rather than my skill. Some of the pictures were a total fluke. Lembeh just had so many photo opportunities. I took well over 20 GBs of photo so some ought to come out good just by chance alone! One of these days I will submit some photo for competition but will wait a bit until I have a bigger collection of decent photos, I think.

marpacifica:
I really think you should start submitting your shots to Asian Diver -- they're definitely publishing quality.

Hey hey hey, stop that! Some of us are trying to make a living you know! :11: :crafty:

Great stuff Boi, i gave my thoughts on the other site :wink:

Unbelievable images, both here and all of the rest from the trip on your website. Like everyone else, I really enjoyed the frogfish and the wide angle shot, but I also really loved the composition of all of your macro shots of nudibranchs and the pipefish on your website.

Just when I think I'm starting to get a handle on this underwater photography thing, you have to come along and destroy my confidence all over again!!! I don't think I'll quit my day job. Congratulations again on some really outstanding images. Looks like it was a fabulous trip.

ssra30:
f3nikon, yes, the wide angle shot was taken with 10.5mm lens, manual mode, F18, 1/200s.
D2X uses mechanical shutter of some sorts that make it incompatible with most strobes beside SB800/SB600 when shooting faster than 1/250s. With Ikelite strobe, sometimes I can get 1/320s or 1/400s shutterspeed without seeing the black bar caused by the shutter mechanism.

fantastic shots!

the problem you mention with the flash is listed as the main con/shortfall of the D2X, and reviews have said that Nikon did it on the cheap and could have used the mechanical/electronic shutter from the D1 and D70 then it would have been the dogs whatsits.

Back
Top Bottom