Just got back from Lembeh Strait with my D2X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
I just got back from 5 days diving in Lembeh Strait (4 days) and 1 day in Bunaken, Indonesia on a liveaboard.
For those of you not familiar with diving in southeast Asia, Lembeh is well known for muck diving with incredible variety of macro critters, lots and lots of juvenile stuffs.
Bunaken on the other hand is mostly wall drift dive in nice clear blue water with lots of coral. Both are islands on the opposite side of northern tip of North Sulawesi.
I did a total of 17 dives and can hardly wait to get back there again in September, this time for 2 weeks. Here are some pictures. You will find more on my website.

reef.jpg

Bunaken, my one good wide angle shot!

pink_hairy_frogfish.jpg

Bad hair day, hairy frogfish

flatworm.jpg

Flat worm, swimming
hairy_squat_lobster.jpg

Hairy squat lobster

Good stuff ssra30! I am really interested in the wide angles, did you use the 10.5mm? Manual mode etc.?

Dive Safe

WOW!! Totally awesome shots. That wide angle is just gorgeous and I love that bad hair day.

f3nikon:
Good stuff ssra30! I am really interested in the wide angles, did you use the 10.5mm? Manual mode etc.?

Dive Safe

f3nikon, yes, the wide angle shot was taken with 10.5mm lens, manual mode, F18, 1/200s.
D2X uses mechanical shutter of some sorts that make it incompatible with most strobes beside SB800/SB600 when shooting faster than 1/250s. With Ikelite strobe, sometimes I can get 1/320s or 1/400s shutterspeed without seeing the black bar caused by the shutter mechanism.

Wolverine:
Gorgeous pics! U were there for the U/W pic festival no? was the event good?

I think KBR/Eco Diver or another dive op is having a photo contest there but I was not part of it. Just went on a regular dive trip there.

Very nice indeed!

Fantastic! Love that wode angle shot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom