Just got a detail for next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Four of us will be up on lake Pend Oreille next week looking for our missing boater from last year.

No patrol car time but lots of boat time.

It's rough duty but someone has to do it. :D

Gary D.

Gregoire:
Riding with a SS this time Gary?
Yup, in 950 to 1100 foot depths. I don't think I'll bounce down on any targets. It would take more than Sudafed for that one :D

We have a tool to limit the search area. He was on the cell with his GF when things went south. Cell area is very poor and very limited up there so using HIS phone we will try and map out an area of interest.

Survelence cameras from the Navy Base didn't show anything due to distsnce and darkness.

Gary D.

Gary,

So what the plan if you find your target, ROV? or are you just trying to get some closure for the family? funny you use the word tool and cell phone in the same sentence, maybe we should outlaw cell phone on boats to limit accidents :D did you get my PM on the DR-I class? is that still on?

Gary D.:
It's rough duty but someone has to do it. :D

Gary D.

Weather for Pend Oreille, Id. 04/04/05 - 04/08/05

Mon._____Tue._____Wed._____Thr._____Fri.
-10______-12_______-8_______-22______3
SNO_____SNO ______SNO_____SNO____SNO

22MPH Winds SSW with gusts to 50MPH

Have a nice day... :D

Rick Inman:
Weather for Pend Oreille, Id. 04/04/05 - 04/08/05

Mon._____Tue._____Wed._____Thr._____Fri.
-10______-12_______-8_______-22______3
SNO_____SNO ______SNO_____SNO____SNO

22MPH Winds SSW with gusts to 50MPH

Have a nice day... :D
You can be replaced! :D

http://lpo.dt.navy.mil/?webcam_img=hugesize

Gary D.

Good news, maybe.

The dog kept hitting in one area over and over.

After seeing that dog hit on a 20+ year old target in over 300’ deep water I have confidence we have a target. Who is the question ;^)

The good news is the area the dog is hitting on is 450-650’ which is far better than the 900-1100’ we were expecting.

We have a meeting in the morning and should start the SS before noon.

Wish us luck, the family needs it.

Gary D.

Good luck Gary, I hope you guys have a successful recovery.

Murphy, Calling Mr. Murphy, Yuhooooo, Mr Murphy your fricken laws showed up today.

First the weather decides to blow, snow, rain and a hit list just had Rick's name added to it. :D

Then the lake charts are FUBARed. Not just a little but by hundreds of feet. 200-500' off is a lot of areas where we are searching. A bunch of drunks with bailing twine wrapped around beer cans must have done the soundings.

Then to top it all off the motherboard decides to go with Murphy and get drunk somewhere.

Mother (and that is only half a word) said there would be days like this.

But the real topper is we had an armed barricaded subject with a hostage. So the SRU team is tied up for 12+ hours so I go in and work a shift. 19-hour days suck.

Down for repairs tomorrow and back at it Wednesday.

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom