Just got 2 Worthington HP100s, quick question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have tanks that have bene in continuous use since the mid 1960's, so 9 or 10 hydro stamps on the shoulder. I have seen welding tanks from the ninteen teens with 17 or 18 stamps on the shoulder.

Personally, I appreciate the (few) test facilties that think ahead, use smaller stamps and space them close together in neat lines as in the long term it allows for a lot more stamps.

-----

My favorite hydro test experience was with an airforce butter bar in charge of the base rec center's, scuba equipment. He was afraid soemone may steel a tank, so he stamped "USAF" in the side walls of all of them - which of course caused them all to be failed at hydro due to the damage in the sidewalls of the tanks. But hey...nobody stole them.

Well, if your lucky.
On the fifth hydro, maybe there will be an idiot that would stamp your tank somewhere other than on the shoulder.
Then you can get a new set of tanks, on them and start the process all over again.

Haha one could only hope.

I have tanks that have bene in continuous use since the mid 1960's, so 9 or 10 hydro stamps on the shoulder. I have seen welding tanks from the ninteen teens with 17 or 18 stamps on the shoulder.

Personally, I appreciate the (few) test facilties that think ahead, use smaller stamps and space them close together in neat lines as in the long term it allows for a lot more stamps.

-----

My favorite hydro test experience was with an airforce butter bar in charge of the base rec center's, scuba equipment. He was afraid soemone may steel a tank, so he stamped "USAF" in the side walls of all of them - which of course caused them all to be failed at hydro due to the damage in the sidewalls of the tanks. But hey...nobody stole them.

Gotta love the Air Force :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom