JUST GETTING STARTED......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RRDAVE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone. As the subject sez we are just getting ready to start our OW cert. classes and my wife is a little (ok maybe more than a little) nerves. I would love to have her take these classes with me but I don't want her doing it just for me. We live in central fl. and go to the keys at least once A year.(more if we can)we both snorkle and hunt bugs (yummm). She has told me she is going to do this with me but it's because she dosen't want to be left out of the fun. Do ya'll (hey I am a southern boy) think this is a good enuff reason to put her in a possiable uncomfortable positon. Her dauter and son in law want to get cert. too as soon as they have new baby (one in the oven). TIA for any comments... RRdave

Hey there RRdave, welcome to the scubasource family. Glad to have you aboard. Please feel free to ask as us whatever questions you and the Mrs may come up with. We'd be glad to help wherever we can.

RRdave, don't I know you from the SportBike World forums?

In2Deep

RRDave,

Welcome aboard!!

Hope your OW cass goes well. As a suggestion you and the wife may want to go to seperate classes. It may make her a little more relaxed during the sessions. Generally, the situation you describe doen't work out for her. No matter the outcome, I would attempt to not have her feel excluded.

Either way Good Luck.

DSAO

Don't worry your wife will probably come around. Scuba Diving is just like snorkeling except it is much easier to clear your breathing apparatus and you can dive down more than 10-15 feet.

It is all about having fun and relaxing!

I wish you both good luck. I think maybe taking separate classes may be a good idea, she may feel less intimidated if she has to ask questions if she isn't worried you might think they are dumb.

Welcome to the boards and welcome form the great state of ARIZONA all beach no ocean :)

Seperate classes is what I would recomend. Just let her know that you are looking forward to your first dives together, and how much fun the family dives will be next year..

welcome from north of the 49th. Gotta agree with all that better to cert separatly that way th eMrs won't feel intimidated by your personal success or failure. (failure of course is not an option). Good luck to you and Mrs. Double R Dave.

Butch :peace:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom