Just for grins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
There are various ways to collect souvenirs, and I have way too many T-shirts and caps, but this one is odd. I brought this liter bottle of water back from Cozumel 15 to 20 years ago for some unknown reason and have kept it around. The seal has never been broken but some water has evaporated thru the plastic. The label is barely staying in the game.

1672987328822.jpeg

There are various ways to collect souvenirs, and I have way too many T-shirts and caps, but this one is odd. I brought this liter bottle of water back from Cozumel 15 to 20 years ago for some unknown reason and have kept it around. The seal has never been broken but some water has evaporated thru the plastic. The label is barely staying in the game.

View attachment 762626
Where did you store the bottle?

Where did you store the bottle?
On top of the fridge in recent years. I don't know about the entire history. I've seen this happen with the dozen, sealed gallon jugs of water I keep on hand for emergencies. Some just shrink while others stay full. Water evaporates from my waterbed fast enough that I need to top it off every few months.

Kinda cool that Cristal is still in business after 20 years.

Ah, the good old days when you could still take more than 100ml on board.
And when I enjoyed a 70# checked bag limit. I certainly didn't carry it on.

Kinda cool that Cristal is still in business after 20 years.
Not surprising at all... Cristal is a division of Coca-Cola.

I remember when Raul Gracia had the biggest purified ice and water factory in Cozumel. When his ice was ready (they made it in 50-pound blocks) it had a lot of air in it and was not clear at all because he flash-froze the water. Cool the water down slowly and the ice is clear, but it takes more time. The restaurants used to complain that the tourists wanted clear ice, not cloudy. The problem was if the ice was clear, you would see the frozen tree frogs in it. These little buggers had taken up residence in the ice plant (because of the humidity? Temp? Don't know, but it always had a lot of them). They were always jumping into the open freezing vats, ending up looking like Hans Solo, frozen in carbonite.

Not surprising at all... Cristal is a division of Coca-Cola.

I remember when Raul Gracia had the biggest purified ice and water factory in Cozumel. When his ice was ready (they made it in 50-pound blocks) it had a lot of air in it and was not clear at all because he flash-froze the water. Cool the water down slowly and the ice is clear, but it takes more time. The restaurants used to complain that the tourists wanted clear ice, not cloudy. The problem was if the ice was clear, you would see the frozen tree frogs in it. These little buggers had taken up residence in the ice plant (because of the humidity? Temp? Don't know, but it always had a lot of them). They were always jumping into the open freezing vats, ending up looking like Hans Solo, frozen in carbonite.

Its like cheap tequila but more exciting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom