Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am heading down this weekend to Devil's Den and Blue Grotto with a huge OW and AOW class. It's part of my DM training to work with students and with that many, it helps to have extra eyes. So I will be the Scuba Guardian Angel this weekend!

Carolyn:shark2:

I've been wanting to go to those sites for years!!! I can't wait until tax season is over. I am stuck at home working every year when Spring starts.:depressed:

How's that male stripper gig working out for you? :wink:

HA Not good had to get a second job to pay for my costumes.

Thinking of getting a second job to get some extra cash to pay off my nitrox and RNL addiction.

I told you I'd give you a good recommendation :D

Get a job at your LDS :D! Since I am also filling tanks...all my air and nitrox are free! I think this gig is starting to pay out for me! :D

Carolyn:shark2:

I gotta admit...working for a diveshop has it's perks. Free air/tank rentals, trips, all that jazz. I get paid to do what I love. It's hard to beat.

I've never been to Devil's Den, but Blue Grotto is a really nice dive. It can get crowded when there are lots of OW classes there (pretty popular place, we use it too), but once you get out of the bowl and back into the cavern the viz opens up and it gets quiet. Bring your light, you'll need it. It's gorgeous back there.

The PADI DM and rescue courses are pretty rigorous, too. I think the hardest thing (at least gear-wise) is what we call gear exchange. You and another DM candidate go down and have to swap gear underwater. I kinda wish we could do something like what NAUI does as far as gear drills go, that would be a great test of comfort level and patience underwater.

The PADI DM and rescue courses are pretty rigorous, too. I think the hardest thing (at least gear-wise) is what we call gear exchange. You and another DM candidate go down and have to swap gear underwater.

I hated just having to take your bc off underwater and put it back on for OW class. It doesn't work to well with an integrated weight system. If you had to change gear I'm sure you'd have to use a weight belt to pull it off.

Man, I come home after a week away and it takes me 2 hours to get caught up on the postings I missed, I finally just gave up and jumped back in.

Back
Top Bottom