Just completed Ice Diving certification this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow!

That was a great read. Thanx for being so detailed.

I won't be ice diving til next year and may just be surface support. Not sure yet.
Your post gave me a lot to think about.

Great post. We don't get ice in our area (just cold water) but that sounds like a blast.

Is the viz always like that? At least we have something in common.

Where did you guys go? How was it?

We went to a pond out west of Norris (SW of Canton) that was owned by a guy Les knew... it wasn't much from a 'scenic' perspective... viz went all the way from zero to about the end of your arm... BUT... as it was mostly an 'experience dive'... it worked pretty well given the short haul of the gear... the dock that we could anchor and stage from... All went well... Steve had one reg free-flow incident (right at the end of the last dive... great timing)... no other 'excitement'... so it was a great dive.

I still can't get over ice diving in 65 deg. weather...comfortable... but just not *right* somehow... :rofl3:

No kidding though... sometime we've got to go to one of those places where viz is good enough to see the bottoms of the iceburgs...

Great post. We don't get ice in our area (just cold water) but that sounds like a blast.

Is the viz always like that? At least we have something in common.

I was first certified in Seattle, so I know about vis there. The place where we did our ice dives can be as much as 20' or so of vis, but that's rare. We expected much better vis for the ice dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom