Just checking back in after a decade away: did I miss anything?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are reports that you might die using split fins. I never dove split fins so can't confirm. I DIR

Actually, the rumor involved split masks!

Joe

A couple of things I noticed when I came back after a long layoff...

Tobin, and DSS, have disappeared. Which suggests that regularly insulting your customers is not a great sales practice, even if you are usually right and have excellent products. Which also meant I had to find a new wing to replace my damaged DSS wing. Which leads to...

Store | Vintage Double Hose and Deep 6 Gear are the new forum boutique manufacturer darlings. The former for wings (really nice quality at a really good price) and anything related to double hose or classic single hose regs. The latter for regs, cheap computers, and a bunch of other stuff. Add Shearwater for expensive computers.

The DIR wars are over. DIR largely won in terms of acceptance (and even partial adoption) of their preferred gear configuration. As a result, the obnoxious "Our way is the only way" followers have faded away. Or maybe I've got cause and effect backwards. I didn't see it firsthand.

Everybody uses DSMBs now. Or at least carries them.

Facebook happened. I try to ignore it, but it has cut down on traffic here.

Everybody is a decade older. And 5 minutes wiser.

Sell all your equipment and take out your VISA card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom