Just bought Hollis F2 Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CooperGR2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought myself a pair of Hollis F2 fins. I have yet to dive with them but I tested them out by snorkeling in the pool when I got home. One word... AMAZING. These fins are extremely comfortable. Im a size 10 boot and got the medium/large and they fit pretty good. I think I may tighten up one side of the springs to make it a bit tighter. In the pool the propulsion I got was unbelievable. I was across my pool (24ft) in 3 frog kicks. I cant comment of on the long term wear and tear but theyre Hollis so theyre gonna be ok in that regard but as for now I have nothing but good things to say about this product. Not too mention that these fins are extremely light.

Looking @ the F2 Fins as well for compact travel.. Same boot size as you, is the "medium/large" size you mentioned their "XL" version or their "Regular"? Hollis sizes show Small, Regular, & XL. Thanks.

I've had a pair for about 18 + months... just after the change in compound used to make them (resulting in a stiffer blade). I have used them almost exclusively when traveling. Also used them in open water and caves to push me, a rebreather and a couple of bailout bottles. They are NOT as powerful as a full-sized fin (the F1 for example) but they are an excellent design and have held up very, very well (more than 100 dives on them at a guess).

I've had a pair for about 18 + months... just after the change in compound used to make them (resulting in a stiffer blade). I have used them almost exclusively when traveling. Also used them in open water and caves to push me, a rebreather and a couple of bailout bottles. They are NOT as powerful as a full-sized fin (the F1 for example) but they are an excellent design and have held up very, very well (more than 100 dives on them at a guess).

How??? These fins launched June 2012. I have tried them myself and do like them. Great for a flutter kick, however I didn't like them with a frog kick. Not over time in a dry suit anyway. I'll stick with my F1's for that, but when my v16's wear out I'll pick up a pair of F2's for travel.

How??? These fins launched June 2012. I have tried them myself and do like them. Great for a flutter kick, however I didn't like them with a frog kick. Not over time in a dry suit anyway. I'll stick with my F1's for that, but when my v16's wear out I'll pick up a pair of F2's for travel.

These fins have been around for years as APS MantaRays and Sixgills, Hollis bought the license to make them. It's possible Doppler is referring to one of those. Of course I'm sure he will respond in due course.

Good to hear, I have the F1 fins and they too are AWESOME!

I bought some last year when they, Hollis, first came out have been unable to use them as the 29cm spring was far too long with my size 6 feet. Finally got a smaller spring, 24cm, thanks Hollis, so took them to Thailand a few weeks ago for a liveaboard trip, thanks Quero. Overall I like them quite a lot, very light and manoeuvrable, hit a couple of very strong currents and was struggling more than a little, a larger fin would have made life easier. But in balance for warm water travel diving I'd recommend them, light, small and solidly constructed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom