Just bought a SeaLife DC1200...did I make a good purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teresa McKinna

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone, Today I bought a SL DC1200 and I just want to know if anyone out there has one and are happy with it? I have seen some the footage from one and I think what I liked about it was that it was large enough for me to see everything. I read a thread about one flooding and is that a common occurrence or is it operator error? Your feed back would be helpful.

Teresa McKinna

I think you did Tressa. I just purchased the DC 1200 Elite for a trip to Roatan back in October and I have to say when I looked at the pics I was amazed at what they looked like. Now I'm not going to say they were as good as professional but, They were the best I ever took. It travels well and is easy to manage Here is a sample of what I shot untreated (no Photoshop)
PICT0215.jpg

I also have a Dc1200 Elite and overall I am happy with it. Its my 1st camera. Only thing would be nicer is if the video was HD, which they made happen with there newer model the DC1400 but still it's a good camera maybe in another 2 years Ill upgrade. But this does the job to capture memories under the water

Thanks to you both for your replies. I have always wanted to have an underwater camera that's easy to see and use. I'm 56 and those little camera's are not easy to see with a mask on. We also have a go pro but I can't even see the icons to know what's what.
Teresa

The DC1200 package is a good deal for the price. I've been using mine constantly and have had some fun results. I just keep shooting and some pictures come out great. It also is fun to review the pictures after the dive and seems like you are re-living the dive. Another benefit is that taking pictures can help our diving skills. It really shows you good buoyancy/trim, patience, and to slow down to enjoy the environment.

Have fun!

I have a DC800. My buddy has a DC1200, it seems like it is a much improved camera to mine. I haven't heard of any problems with flooding though I know it is not a matter of if but one of when. I would say it is a good purchase and you will enjoy it. Learn to use it and the strobe in manual mode and your photos will get even better. It does take practice though.

Hi Teresa have used my DC1200 for about 30 dives great in all situations, ie. macro, wide angle, do use a single Intova IS4000 strobe works well also have been able to adapt a Fisheye lens to work with it as well, have attached a couple of photos taken with it.ClownNudi.jpgGemNudi.jpghaheireef.jpgscorpionfish.jpg

Thank you all so much for the input. I just posted some pictures I took of the PADI IE this Sunday on our facebook page and I'm sure they could come out better for land shots but I'm really just getting into it. I will be working up the courage to actually get in the water with it soon. I know I'll need more help when that happens. I have been going through the manual slowly so I can understand what I'm doing and the manual is very easy to follow. Thank goodness for that. I really am just getting into photography on land and in the ocean so bare with me.

Thanks again

Teresa McKinna

I also purchased a DC1200 recently, and dove with it at a quarry in Ohio. It took beautiful pictures without a flash down to 60 feet. I am very satisfied with it and am considering a light bar w/ strobes

Back
Top Bottom