Just booked a trip to Komodo/ Dewi Nusantara (Paradise Dancer)!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darnold 9999 is right! Don't buy the chocolate in Bali. They live there so they can get that chocolate any time! Last time I kept it in my carry on ( around 6 big bars) and it made it fine to the boat! Buy it in the US and bring it with you! We had an over night in Bali as well and we kept it in the fridge in the room in Bali!!! You are right..just a few clothes and the rest scuba gear. If they still do it, you can have laundry done on the boat for a small fee!

Oooh, I didn't know about the laundry thing ! Don't bother taking shampoo, shower gel, conditioner etc - they have all that in the bathrooms. They have a hairdryer there too. No need for any towels and there is a dressing gown in the room. Loads of plug sockets (2 pin round ones). They have ipod speakers in the lounge. No need for too many clothes. No need for mask defogger - unless you have a specific preference. In terms of dive equipment, take a DSMB but no real need for a reel. The crew have guitars if you can play. The usual selection of books (dive and fiction). We never watched the TV but I think they had some DVD's on board. Take your own if you want.

I would take your chances with the chocolate as jake says above - just pack it in stuff and although it will probably go a little soft, I suspect it would survive.

I am so excited for you already !!!

Your excited....You should see me!! I am ready to start packing already. Just dreading the flight though. I get fidgety on a 3 hour flight. Yuck!! I think my biggest challenge is getting my camera gear there without too many luggage fees!! Do you know if they have adapters?

I'm not sure. I'm sure you can ask them though. They weren't provided in the rooms. You are likely to get charged excess luggage (assuming that you have !) on the domestic flights but it really wasn't that expensive. It was a bit of a faff though. They don't generally weigh hand luggage. We were given a drink and something to eat on the Express air flight but nothing on Lion air. And the domestic flights were absolutely freezing inside - I wish I had taken a jumper.

Not 100% sure on the laundry thing but it seems like they did have that service??????????? We have friends that are onboard right now and I am very jealous! It seems like our trip is ages away!!!!!!!

Hi, I was on the boat last October. They did have some universal adaptors that fit all plugs. the camera room also catered for 110 and 220 V, so charging was never a problem.
One thing worth taking is a pair of comfortable shoes for walking. We had a few 'on-land' excursions and my flipflops were not ideal....Have fun!

Hi, I just got back from 11 days on the Dewi Nusantara. This was the Alor Komodo itinerary. Indonesia spoils you for diving anywhere else and this boat will spoil all other liveaboards for you. I really can't offer any suggestions or improvements. It was as close to ideal as you can get. The crew is stellar. Wendy, the cruise director runs the ship like clockwork, but that clock ticks for your enjoyment. Milk chocolate is her preference. As she is English, Cadbury's is a good bet. I will do a proper trip report soon. I just wanted to respond to your thread. The water temps fluctuated throughout the trip. Without getting into a typical SB debate about what to wear at what temp. The temp was often down to 73F but as high as 84F. More often cool 79F-73F. As you are diving 3-4 dives a day, I was most comfortable in a 5/4mm. Those wearing just a 3mm complained of being cold on some dives. Wendy who has zero body fat, broke out her dry suit a couple of times. No one wore shorties. I have dived Komodo in September and donned the 5/4 for much of that diving. This is our 6th trip to Bali and greater Indonesia. I am partial to the Sanur area. It has a wide range of hotels. It is on the ocean and has a night life though restrained in comparison to Kuta. It is also a fairly short trip to the airport. We stayed at the Puri Santrian. I thought it a very nice hotel and reasonably priced. You will have a blast. I can't wait to go back.

When you post your trip report, please can you put a link here. Thanks.

Glad you had a fantastic trip. Have you decided when you are going back yet ?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom