Just booked a trip to Komodo/ Dewi Nusantara (Paradise Dancer)!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just found out at scuba show from Guido(owner of Dewi Nusantara) that Wendy likes the good chocolate!( like good swiss chocolate!)Have fun!

Hi Jake,

I can confirm this ! I didn't know that before I went but I took some chocolate with me. Both Wendy and Jan were very happy (and in fact the rest of the crew !). You will be very popular if you take some......:D

When are you off ? Please post and let me know how it was. I'm so excited but my trip is still months and months away !!

It wasn't a big problem actually ! Wasn't exactly high quality Swiss chocolate but was sugar coated. Travelled in the hold then in the middle of luggage. Didn't look the prettiest when in finally got there but was still appreciated :D

Shared a room with somone in the international food business on my last trip. He explained why tropical chocolate is so poor when compared to a similar product available in more moderate climates. Turns out that the cocoa butter used in moderate climates melts at 28 degrees - so something has to change. Normally the change is to use some other kind of oil, like palm oil to raise the melting point of the end product. The cheaper alternative oils don't taste as good - so most tropical chocolate tastes lousy.

All this to say that you need to keep the chocolate from home cooler than 28 degrees or so or it will turn into a puddle.

Managed to keep some unmelted keeping it in a room with AC. Lasted two weeks. First day that the AC was off in the room - puddle of chocolate. Edible but a mess.

Ok I am going to assume that you are talking celsius...otherwise forget it!!!! 24 hours of travel then 5 days in Bali isn't going to work!!

Good assumption:wink: Victoria is in BC Canada and we do metric (for some things) Still do PSI and depth in feet. But if I was younger it would be in metres and Bars. Unless you are in AC in Bali not a chance it would survive for five days.

Yes, mine spent most of it's time in AC room or in transit (or try packing it deep inside your luggage - might not get so hot ??). Otherwise, you may just have to accept it's not going to happen. Shame !!! AC in the rooms on Dewi Nusantara was pretty good.

Did you want to know anything else about the boat or what you might need/not need ? If so, feel free to ask !

Back
Top Bottom