just back from epcot divequest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiteHedded

Contributor
Reaction score
cool dive
the best part was playing with all the kids through the window.
that's the first time I've seen any shark outside of the nurses down here that close.
pretty cool experience but I don't think i'd do it again. once you've gone around the tank a couple times there's not much else to do.

it was extremely weird watching a male dolphin trying to have sex with another male dolphin backstage before the dive as well. :D
strange critters those dolphins are!

I bought the video too even though it was way overpriced. I don't have any video of my underwater so I just said screw it :)
anyway all in all a good dive!

LiteHedded:
cool dive
the best part was playing with all the kids through the window.
that's the first time I've seen any shark outside of the nurses down here that close.
pretty cool experience but I don't think i'd do it again. once you've gone around the tank a couple times there's not much else to do.

it was extremely weird watching a male dolphin trying to have sex with another male dolphin backstage before the dive as well. :D
strange critters those dolphins are!

I bought the video too even though it was way overpriced. I don't have any video of my underwater so I just said screw it :)
anyway all in all a good dive!

So, in your opinion do you think it was worth it? I'm not sure if I'd want to go someplace that after twice around I was bored. Is that what you thought? just curious as to your opinion. Thanks in advance.

Missdirected:
So, in your opinion do you think it was worth it? I'm not sure if I'd want to go someplace that after twice around I was bored. Is that what you thought? just curious as to your opinion. Thanks in advance.
I totally thought it was worth it.
to drive down south and rent equipment and get on a dive boat would cost a lot more than the 120 i paid for this and I wouldn't see this kind of wildlife all together either :wink:
maybe I exaggerated.
I would've stayed down another hour if they let me! :p
just don't know if I'd go back or not is all

6 or so sharks including an 8 foot sand tiger, a bunch of large tarpon, lots of rays (including a spotted eagle ray. I've never seen one of those in the wild before) a couple of BIG groupers and lots and lots of fish.
plus they let you out into the park after the dive is over.
the kids go nuts when you come up to the windows.
I had fun

LiteHedded:
I don't think i'd do it again. once you've gone around the tank a couple times there's not much else to do.

I feel the same way. I did it about a year ago and don't think I will ever do it again unless I go in a large group who all want to do it.

Alex

One of my favorite things is the video I have of my then two year old son and wife on the other side of the glass at Divequest while I'm also in the picture about 15 feet underwater. I've done it twice and really enjoyed it both times. The first time I was so busy playing with the kids on the other side of the glass and messing with people in the restaurant, that I hardly got a chance to explore the tank. The second time I did it I spent most of the time looking at the animals and saw the turtle that I missed the first time.

I would highly reccommend it as a way to get away for some quiet time for yourself if you are doing a family disney vacation. The staff is very professional, the gear isn't bad and you get to see a bunch of critters you normally wouldn't out in the wild.

We did it a few years ago and enjoyed it. Unfortunately their video cameras were all broken so no video :( I enjoyed waving at the tourists, the monorail ones were my favorite, I'd hover over the tube it went through and wait for one to see me :) They usually got the attention of the people around them and everyone would wave--ok so I'm easily entertained. One of the gigantic turtles swam right under us and scared my husband half to death, he hadn't seen it coming and its shell barely missed him as it swam along.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom