Just a couple from today's dive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chippy

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't do at all well today, viz was pretty poor again and quite a swell. Managed to find a huge Cuttlefish but I couldn't anywhere near get close enough for a decent pic.

I literally came home with only a few keepers!

This little fella kept getting rolled about the sand by the really strong swell. It was quite comical to watch, I think he should have picked a smaller shell!!

I like the really narrow depth of field shot...
hermit3.jpg

I thought he was climbing out of his to come and hit me on the nose in this one!!
hermit4.jpg

Also found this chap hiding by my exit point. It's kind of silty there which made it really tricky getting a clear pic - all the others came out like snow storms! Nothing particularly great about this shot either, but another species to add to the list in my library :wink:
commoneel.jpg

How cute! The depth of field is perfect for him. Can he even pick up that shell and move around? Maybe he was just trying it on for size?!?

diving on a week day? lol
In the 2nd picture it looks like he's about to give up!
What type of fish is in the 3rd pic?

Maybe that crab lost weight and needs a smaller size?

justleesa:
diving on a week day? lol
In the 2nd picture it looks like he's about to give up!
What type of fish is in the 3rd pic?

Ah yes.....what better way to relieve stress after a bad day at work, than to spend a while UW afterwards, no phones ringing, no-one pestering me, etc... :wink:

The fish in the 3rd piccy is a Common Eel. They're actually a freshwater fish that return to the sea to breed. I think that he's probably been washed down a storm drain into the bay, due to all the rain we've had recently.......quite a find really!

Lucky you that you can dive during the week.
My only place is either lake where there is nothing to see.
Cute pictures
Ciao

Man O'Man,

when I first saw the 1st pic and the blurred bottom, my immediate thought was Awwww Geeeezzzz.... flooded.... Dag Nabbit... as it looked like water in the housing - water level at the bottom of the lens...

Thank Gawd it's not.. great shot and good lighting... for a bad vis day... love those shots and close ups...
We have Kelp crabs up here, they're great as they small but ready to attack the diver regardless... pincers out in attach formation... great to shoot... fieisty little buggars...

a lot of attitude going on there, must run in the family...
;-))

thank you so much for sharing!

great pics

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom