Jupiter, FL bridge diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNStarfish

Registered
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the Space Coast Area of FL.

I hear that there is a South Jupiter Island Bridge [A1A and SR 707] were people shore dive.

Anyone have any tips/information?

I don't know about the Jupiter dive, but a few exits down there is Blue Heron Bridge in West Palm and its a great shore dive.

Hey Starfish..If you want to dive Jupiter I know a good Dive op that is freindly and fun, but definitely NO FRILLS. Will go out with only 2 divers. Many is the time I've nearly had the boat to myself, although it is sometimes/but not usually crowded on weekends. It's not a 6 pack either..42 ft long I think. :) ZG

If you are looking to shore dive check out this site and email the guy

http://www.irishmansoftware.com

He runs a beach diving group here in Melbourne/Palm Bay area that tries to beach dive once a week in the summer. Most of our dives are in the Ft. Pierce area, although sometimes Sebastian can have good visibility. Oh and he always has some Bacardi Limon and Coke for after the dive.

For information ONLY:

This map was prepared by John Schumann and passed on to me through a mutual friend.

I CAN NOT attest to it's accuracy, but for anyone thinking of diving the bridge, I am sure it's a good start.

The park area near the bridge closes at sunset. A friend of mine called the park srevices and asked how divers could be there for a night dive? They said that if you're in the water when they patrol, they obviously can't ask you to leave. Guess if you want to night dive it's a gamble to be "caught" on shore.

MNStarfish once bubbled...
For information ONLY:

This map was prepared by John Schumann and passed on to me through a mutual friend.

Where's the map?

MNStarfish once bubbled...
Let me try again. . .

Your map looked ok, but confusing if you had never been there before.

Here is a pic of Phil Foster Park that shows the bridge, old fishing bridge, and the boat channel markers.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom