Jupiter Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salmonboy97

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A bunch of friends and I are planning on diving in Jupiter this weekend or next. If anyone is interested please post up! Details will be modified as participants join in. I am flexible, and can dive either weekend. Depending on the new years party, I may dive BOTH weekends!
Remember this is the time of year to see the Lemon Sharks!

Salmonboy:

Nice to hear you are coming to Jupiter. If you have time, stop in at our shop, ScubaWorks. We would love to meet you and help you in any way that we can do so. Have you booked spots on a dive boat yet? Our diving here is almost all from boats and there are some good ones to choose from. I would recommend the Blue Tang, and you can book it through our shop if we can help.

What type of diving are you planning on doing? Just looking? Photography? Hunting?

Look forward to seeing you when you are here.

I have been in ScubaWorks a few times, love the shop. The skeletonized hogfish in Jonathons's office inspired me to get one too!
I have not yet booked any boats as I am waiting to see what the response will be. (and how I feel after the New Years party)
My favorite boat is the Emerald with Randy (I booked through your shop). I know some dont preferr him, but I have found him to be EXCELLENT.

I have been in ScubaWorks a few times, love the shop. The skeletonized hogfish in Jonathons's office inspired me to get one too!
I have not yet booked any boats as I am waiting to see what the response will be. (and how I feel after the New Years party)
My favorite boat is the Emerald with Randy (I booked through your shop). I know some dont preferr him, but I have found him to be EXCELLENT.

I agree, I think Randy rocks but I'll also agree, he isn't for everyone (nor does he aspire to be) :wink:

Ok, I just booked two spots on the Emerald w/Randy for the AM 3 tank dive on Saturday 2nd. He said he has seen some lemons, along with some goliath grouper. The water temps are still 73 so this wont be too cold. My dive buddy and I will be spearing but sightseers and photographers are welcome too. Due to the depths of the deep ledge it is advisable you are an ADVANCED diver.

Diving Jupiter is a little tougher than most places, the water is deeper, the current stronger and the sea life bigger. Please take this into consideration before joining this dive!

Well, we went out diving with Randy Jordan of the Emerald. The seas were about 4-6 in the AM. First dive on the deep ledge was 76 degrees. The current seemed to be heading slowly,northeast. After the surface interval we dropped in south of the wreck trek to find the current had shifted to the south. Aborting the dive, we were picked up and re-dropped on the north side and drifted all three wrecks. The visibility dropped from 80+ to about 30' on the wreck trek. The boat wasnt crowded so there was plenty of room up front out of the wind and cold. Very awesome time. My buddy and I bagged two lobster and one dolphin. Randy cancelled the third dive due to the seas building to 6-8. It became difficult to spot divers in that high of waves.

Attachments

• Dolphin.jpg
    Dolphin.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 71
How suitable would Jupiter be for someone with limited dive experience,about 10 dives? I am thinking of doing a road trip down there with a friend and his wife who was recently certified.

How suitable would Jupiter be for someone with limited dive experience,about 10 dives? I am thinking of doing a road trip down there with a friend and his wife who was recently certified.

I would recommend getting a few more dives in before trying Jupiter. You can go a little further down I-95 to the Boynton Beach area. There the water is a little shallower, and the currents a little less. This is a good place to learn to drift dive. Charters in this area I have used are: www.sixpackdivers.com capt Larry Pierce. Also Starfish enterprises, and Scuba Kev (here on the board). All of these are GREAT operators. If you need more information about these references, send me a PM and I will lookup their contact numbers for you!

Safe diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom