June Cozumel Images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
June Images from Cozumel- (Alan- see I'm sharing :D )
Link- Picasa Web Albums - Andrew R

This is my second vacation with this camera setup; Sp-350 and Oly case.
This year’s scare was dropping the camera while resolving a immediate problem; it was not on a lanyard and I had to backtrack to find it.- Yes my air consumption was terrible on that dive!

Big breakthrough was learning to line up the target for pictures and let the current float me towards them.
Outside of more practice, lighting (natural) is still a challenge.

Highlight is this image Picasa Web Albums - Andrew R - Cozumel 2008 ...
could not believe my lucky stars that image turned out.

I really want to move to a wide angle lens to get closer to the images and widen the pallet.
Also, I have held off on strobes trying to master the natural lighting but strobes would have been great on my cave dives. (that is whole other topic)

Cozumel drift diving is incredible, but stopping and lining up the shots can be very challenging.

Regards, Andrew

Nice! Makes me wish I were back there and motivates me to get our Thanksgiving vacation to Coz confirmed. Thanks for sharing!!

Highlight is this image Picasa Web Albums - Andrew R - Cozumel 2008 ...
could not believe my lucky stars that image turned out.

Yeah, that one is really nice. I liked the boxfish also.

I really want to move to a wide angle lens to get closer to the images and widen the pallet.
Also, I have held off on strobes trying to master the natural lighting but strobes would have been great on my cave dives. (that is whole other topic)

Seems to me you got some nice tight shots with the lens you have. Especially the anemones and arrow shrimp. I also thought you did a pretty decent job with the natural light at that depth. A little strobe punch would really help subdue the blue and bring out the colors on the closeups, though.

The best part about diving in a driving rain is the good rinse you get on your housing after the dive. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Great photos, Andrew, thanks for sharing.

Willie

Great pics! I especially liked the ones with the sea turtles!

Thanks everyone.

Photography has sure added a challenge element to the diving.
Its nice for those that stay on Terra Firma and ask about diving.
Then they can see what they are missing.

Still lots of work to be done.
Andrew

Thnx for the pix

The swim through was my favorite.

Nice pic of the cleaner shrimp in the sponges...Thanks for sharing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom