June 9th & 10th Lake Phoenix - possible OW referral?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

button

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hubby and I are planning on a weekend at Lake Phoenix June 9th & 10th. We have some friends who should be finished their OW class in the next few weeks. They live on Long Island and probably won’t be able to get their checkout dives done before that weekend, so we were going to see if they could do a referral and knock it out that weekend. When I got certified, we did our OW dives over 2 days, but I was thinking it could really be done in one. That way they could do their cert dives on Saturday & we could swap buddies on Sunday and get them some more practice.

My hubby has a DM friend at work who is planning to be down at Lake Phoenix that weekend and was going to check with him to see if his LDS could do it, but wanted to also check here.

If PADI, they’re limited to 3 OW training dives per day so they would need to spread the 4 dives over two days.

If PADI, they’re limited to 3 OW training dives per day so they would need to spread the 4 dives over two days.

Thanks for the info, I am pretty sure they're PADI.

It looks like our weekend plans got jacked up for the 9th... we'll probably try to hit up Dutch Springs on Sunday since it's closer to us and plan another weekend trip down to LP. Maybe by then our friends will have their certification dives done and we can have some fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom