Jumping off a boat with secondary reg on necklace.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any better ideas than a knot in the bungee for adjusting the size of the necklace? Once I get it right I could cut, although the pre-made one from diverite is so pretty with the clips on the end, I hesitate a bit to mess it up. Yes, overthinking, currently -10C with travel restrictions :p.

The guys in the Cousteau clip are frog hopping in to the water nearly on their belly. Which is not what you want with the camera.Trying to shield the camera you want your rear end and back to hit first thus the 45 degree bend one fella mentioned. I have never seen a necklaced regulator hit any one in the face, I have seen the second stage snap out of the fisherman knot which is not a big deal for those who secure that way (I do be it my back up or my octo).

I have seen at least once, on a rear entry, a diver hit his face on the deck. I did not see it all but he bit his tongue, took stitches I think. So I would still recommend a good step backwards to clear the boat or lean back as was suggested.

Any better ideas than a knot in the bungee for adjusting the size of the necklace? Once I get it right I could cut, although the pre-made one from diverite is so pretty with the clips on the end, I hesitate a bit to mess it up. Yes, overthinking, currently -10C with travel restrictions :p.
Yes.
Tie knots on both ends of too-long bungie.
Zip-tie bungee to second stage.
Pull one end of bungee 'til you get "perfect" fit.
Keep playing around with it, in and out of water 'til you really get "perfect" fit
Re-tie knot @ zip-tie.
Cut and cauterize excess bungee.

Not a problem. I secure my mask and reg with my right hand. Necklace is just the right length (made with a paracord) so that the reg hangs just under my chin (I don't even need my hands to grab it) so automatically my right hand covers my reg as well.

Yes.
Remove everything what is too long, too tight, too whatever. Dive equipment should fit. No knots, loops or whatever to make it fit.
Just keep it simple.
This way you can put a necklace of the perfect length.

IMG_1821.jpg

Let a girl have some fun. Colors won't kill you.
I like the blue..........the yellow is too close to orange, and I HATE orange. I don't know why they keep it around.........
Must be the Funk Value.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom