July Dive and Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, don't feel bad, my lights battery was charged, but it was in my bag on the first dive...DUH!

Mike

Sorry I missed the dives,I got to playing volley ball with the younger crowd Saturday and broke a toe,not to mention every muscle in my body hurt,I think I need to stick to scuba,I think I am getting too old to show the 20 something year olds how to do it anymore.:cool2:

Know the feeling! We missed you!

Of course, a question, if the one who gets lost doesn't have the flag, then why not have the flag bearer and those with him wait in one spot, the lost one surfaces after one minute, finds the flag and follows it down to the others? Rather than after one minute everyone surfaces? We actually met our lost sheep doing our 15 foot safety stop...

Mike

Good point Mike!

Actually, Ken and I had a discussion about this in our post dive debriefing ride home.
What could we have done differently to effectively had a better dive?

Excuses!:D My first dive with a tow able dive flag. Not re adjusting my thinking for a three person team instead of two.

So my answer to your question... or possible solutions....

So we should have changed the plan to," if you get lost then surface, find the flag and come back down." If you are not back down in say 3 minutes then we could have sent the second diver up the flag line to see if there was a real emergency, while the last diver held his position on the line and held the flag for an additional amount of time. Maybe another 3 minutes(6 min total.)

Or if there would have been a suitable place to tie the flag onto the line or near by object and line, both divers could had surfaced to make sure there was no real emergency.

Since we did not change the plan, how would we have known what Ken's decision would have been. Then how long would we have set there waiting below, if there was a true emergency? Since it was not planned out, the options seemed more limited. He could have just dropped back down on our bubbles too(much harder than coming down the flag but possible.)

I agree, future dive plans will include these possibilities.

Hello all,
I enjoyed the dive i got in with you guys. It was nice to meet you Ken and Tony. I wish I could have stayed down longer but it was fun none the less. I didnt think about it until I saw you guys surface, but I really hope I didnt kick up much silt when I left. If I did i am sorry, i should have been more careful about that. Also Mike, I figured out what was wrong with my light. charged batteries work better. glad i took my backup, almost didnt. Rachel and I look foward to diving with yall in the future.

Brian

Nice to meet Rachel and you too. Glad you could join us for a brief amount of time. Some diving is better than no diving at all.

Hope Rachel gets better soon.

See ya on the lake or the :sblogo:!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom