July Bonaire Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prosdog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My 19 year old son and I will be in Bonaire July 20-27, staying in a 1 bedroom apartment at Buddy Dive. Our first time there. Taking the United flight out of Houston. I know the DNY people are going to be there at the same time, anyone else going in July? As a first timer, would like to meet up with some more seasoned Bonaire veterans for advice, drinks and diving.

sparkinator and wife 6/29-7/6 Den Laman/BDA
DiveMaven 7/6-7/20 Den Laman/BDA
billt4sf and Emily 7/6-? Villa Safir
tunaman68 and daughter 7/6-7/13 Casa Calexico/Wannadive
prosdog and son 7/20-7/27 Buddy Dive/Buddy Dive

As you mentioned, we have a group of 28-29 staying at Windsock Beach Resort, south of the airport the week of July 20-27. You are welcome to join us for SI or diving, and we have several young people in our group too, from @15 to @23yrs old, so your son would not be stuck with just a bunch of old farts, as often happens on such trips.

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 09:08 AM ----------

One member of our group this year, herman is about as seasoned a Bonaire visitor as there is. He introduced us, including my two kids, to Bonaire about 8 years ago, turning us all into big fans of the island, and he did the same for my gf's 14 yrs old grand daughter, turning her from a novice into a fish when we all dived with him there last year.

Herman asked me to make sure you know that you are welcome to join us

Last edited:
sparkinator and wife 6/29-7/6 Den Laman/BDA
DiveMaven 7/6-7/20 Den Laman/BDA
billt4sf and Emily 7/6-? Villa Safir
tunaman68 and daughter 7/6-7/13 Casa Calexico/Wannadive
prosdog and son 7/20-7/27 Buddy Dive/Buddy Dive
gypsyjim and many friends including herman 7/20-7/27 Windsock/Wannadive?

Prosdog, I will be there those dates, on the same flight from Houston. A group of about 20 of us from Extreme Sports Scuba in Joplin, MO will be at Buddy dive the same week. This is our fourth trip to Bonaire and Buddy Dive. Please feel free to approach folks from our group, always happy to help and a super friendly group. I do a FAQ and a Bonaire Dive Site Combo list for our group that I would be happy to share. Message me and I'll get you the info. Look forward to seeing you on the plane! -Brian

PS - I'll be the somewhat hobbled one just getting over a broken ankle. And. . yes, I'm going to Bonaire anyway. :)

Hey Brian,

You guys are just north of us... Will have to stop in sometime... 11 days and a wake up and can't wait!!! :)

Prosdog, I will be there those dates, on the same flight from Houston. A group of about 20 of us from Extreme Sports Scuba in Joplin, MO will be at Buddy dive the same week. This is our fourth trip to Bonaire and Buddy Dive. Please feel free to approach folks from our group, always happy to help and a super friendly group. I do a FAQ and a Bonaire Dive Site Combo list for our group that I would be happy to share. Message me and I'll get you the info. Look forward to seeing you on the plane! -Brian

PS - I'll be the somewhat hobbled one just getting over a broken ankle. And. . yes, I'm going to Bonaire anyway. :)

Sparkinator, I was diving in your neck of the woods at Beaver on Saturday. Bonaire is just about 31 days away. I am beginning to itch lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom