July 18 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
"Murphy's Law" (Whatever can go wrong will go wrong) has struck me on this Philippine visit. My Inon D-180 strobe died the other day. My BCD fell apart on today's dive. For the remainder of this year all my strobe pics will be with the cameras internal strobe.

coral.jpg

frogfish.jpg

hermit.jpg

Remains of a Jeepney
jeepney.jpg

nudi.jpg

porcelain.jpg

That is terrible about everything going wrong Gilligan. I am glad to see you made it back safe and sound and as usual your photos are great. I am sure even using the internal flash, your pictures will be better than the rocks and crayfish I see here.

Edit

Is the second picture of an octopus? That is an incredible shot (IMHO) but the big winner is the last one of the crab on the anenome.

I believe it's a frogfish. Excellent photos, great colours!

The black frogfish pic is pretty cool. So are the rest. Sorry to hear about your strobe and your BC. I had to buy a new BC last year. They don't last forever, even if they are Scubapro.

OK I will go with you guys in calling it a frog fish but will say I am finding it quite the challenge finding it. I think I see it facing downward and facing right in the picture. I feel like I am going through a psych evaluation and am facing a rorschach test (ink blots).

Again, great shots and sorry about the troubles.

Great images Jim - especially the Black Froggie and the Porcelain crab.

Wonderful photos!
I guess the 1st & 2nd photos are at the same site, which is it?

C'mon Gilligan, find the professor - he'll invent a way to fix it with bamboo and twine or else you just might have to dish out some of your traveling money so you can have a decent strobe!

Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom