July 12 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good morning ~
Yes, I will be limited on vacation time & highly doubt that I will be able to dive both Palawan & Bohol. I've been told, recently, that the time of year may play a factor in the quality of the viz at the Palawan dive site(s). I've dove walls & wrecks and both are of interest. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Good morning ~
Yes, I will be limited on vacation time & highly doubt that I will be able to dive both Palawan & Bohol. I've been told, recently, that the time of year may play a factor in the quality of the viz at the Palawan dive site(s). I've dove walls & wrecks and both are of interest. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have dove several locations in the Philippines but not Palawan nor the wrecks in Coron Bay. I have considered diving the wrecks and have asked the opinions of seven divers who have done it. Getting dive opinions is difficult because it involves experience levels and whether or not the diver is basing their opinion on underwater photography factors.
However, the key question I asked each of the seven divers is whether or not they would re-visit the wrecks again. Six of the seven said no. They complained of poor visibility and/or strong currents. Wide angle photography was near impossible because of the poor vis.

Perhaps the nudi gills look like a shrimp?

Thanks for the pix...very nice

That's what I was wondering. I've never seen a gill like that, of course I've never seen a Nudi like that either.

That's what I was wondering. I've never seen a gill like that, of course I've never seen a Nudi like that either.

It is a nice shot of Halgerda batangas, fairly common in the Philippines. Dark spots/lines on the gills and rhinopores are typical of the genus Halgerda.

I have dove several locations in the Philippines but not Palawan nor the wrecks in Coron Bay. I have considered diving the wrecks and have asked the opinions of seven divers who have done it. Getting dive opinions is difficult because it involves experience levels and whether or not the diver is basing their opinion on underwater photography factors.
However, the key question I asked each of the seven divers is whether or not they would re-visit the wrecks again. Six of the seven said no. They complained of poor visibility and/or strong currents. Wide angle photography was near impossible because of the poor vis.
O, I totally agree that it can be difficult to asses the opinions of dive site from other divers, but I do like to hear/see the general feedback esp when the viz can get sketchy ~ dependant upon the time of year, etc, which is what I’ve heard about the sites around Palawan. As of now, I’m leaning towards diving Bohol…The topside deco activities are enticing plus I have family on Cebu who can hang out w/me as well... :)

Back
Top Bottom