Juliet recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janie88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I are thinking of booking the Juliet for this August out of Miami. We usually do liveaboards on Aggressor, but this sounds like a nice trip too, and since it is out of Miami we don't need to worry about testing coming back since we'll be flying in/out of Miami. Only testing we need to do is prior to arrival we need a negative test to satisfy Bahamas.

Anyone been on Juliet in the last year or two? I would want to book one of the ensuite cabins. I'm not overly picky on trips, and don't need anything fancy, but I like having my own "head."

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Thanks for the links to your trip reports. As with the Juliet, the Aggressor does not provide guided dives, although a dive master goes in with every dive. On some dives we would stick around the dive master (they usually know where the best stuff is to see) and other dives we'd do our own thing.

Are you saying a dive master does not go in the water for each dive? Just curious.

Theses are not my personal trip reports. Most all liveaboards will put a guide in the water but I would email them to find out for sure.

We dove with the Juliet last July. I would go back again and plan to do so on the St. Croix schedule. I do not remember seeing the DM in the water all week. Not a big deal to me. They do a nice variety of dives - deep shallow what's left of some wrecks - all in all very good.

I did the repo trip in Nov this year. On juliette the dives are very much a pools open type of dive. No divemaster in the water guiding the dive was standard. The boat is small and intimate you will be going up and down ladders every day so keep that in mind. I didn't have an ensuite room but the heads were just down the hall. It is a good operation to work with.

I did the repo trip in Nov this year. On juliette the dives are very much a pools open type of dive. No divemaster in the water guiding the dive was standard. The boat is small and intimate you will be going up and down ladders every day so keep that in mind. I didn't have an ensuite room but the heads were just down the hall. It is a good operation to work with.

Thanks. I don't really require a divemaster in the water leading a dive all the time, but it can be nice on certain dive sites. On Aggressor, a divemaster goes in the water with each dive, not necessarily "leading" a dive. It is not a pool's open whenever you want. Dives are at specific times, with a briefing beforehand. Divers can then dive their own profile.

Do it! We love the Juliet, the food and the crew. We've been on 3 times, though not in the past couple of years (schedule hasn't worked out).

Theses are not my personal trip reports. Most all liveaboards will put a guide in the water but I would email them to find out for sure.
Do it! We love the Juliet, the food and the crew. We've been on 3 times, though not in the past couple of years (schedule hasn't worked out).

Thanks Kimela! For some bizarre reason our local dive shop has a week on the Juliet this August with no cabins booked yet. I like the ease of leaving out of Miami and not needing the COVID test to return home. Only need test prior to leaving which is required of Bahamas. We've always done Aggressor (and one time Explorer Ventures another wonderful liveaboard) and loved it.

Has anyone done both Bahamas Aggressor AND the Juliet for comparison? I was told by someone at Juliet they dive a very different area than Aggressor. We've been on Aggressor twice in Bahamas but honestly the diving was not very good. So not sure if it would be that different on Juliet depending on where they go, I suppose!

I have not done the Aggressor. I did Black Beards (some LOVE it, it's too 'rough' for me - 'camping at sea' isn't my idea of fun). I mention Black Beards because they go down the Exumas, and when we were with them the reef was in terrible shape and while we saw lots of sharks, it was otherwise pretty ho-hum. The Juliet does the Bimini Chain, and it's in great shape (or was when we were there). They also set a few of their own dive sites, that nobody knows the location of, so they're pretty pristine.

We did not stay in an ensuite - we had the one I think called the wedding room or honeymoon room? It was nice - and really not that far to the bathroom. I don't think you can go wrong with the Juliet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom