Judges' Reply to Terrorist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truly Awesome. Identify terrorists as terrorists. I'm a soldier, and I don't want a terrorist to think he has the same discipline, instruction, and respect that I do. A terrorist cares for nothing but hatred of "infidels."

Somebody should require that everyone in our government read that document.

The judge understands the problem and solution, most of our elected officials don't.

It is NOT war, terrorists are not combatants, they are criminals committing crimes and need to be arrested, charged, convicted and punished accordingly.

Nice post DMP. Like soemone said every now and then my faith is restored in the system.

Beautifully stated in a way that is meant to be heard. Unfortunately, by the Judge's own assessment as well, it is the wrong case for that. I would have been tempted to tell him that I had a beautiful speech to go with his sentence but realized that he was so insignificant that I'd save it for a real warrior. But then, I wouldn't have his beautiful speech to comment on! Oh well, I'll have to settle for eloquence, patriotism and good feelings welling up after all. Good thing CNN keeps me safe from such horrible things :wink:

In an effort to keep this from getting too political, I think that speech is fitting and the ruling just. I too am a soldier and definately see things in a different perspective. What blows my mind is that because of the actions of a few Americans mistreating detainees, the terrorists are seeking sympathy for their "abuse" yet the prisoners they take captive are getting decapitated. What kind of sick and messed up world sympathizes with those getting abused vs. those getting their heads cut off by animals (as you cease being human upon conducting and condoning such actions)?!?

General Pershing had a good way with dealing with terrorists in his time (this is not to flame or make people mad....just a history lesson). Would make them (the terrorist) think twice before they tried anything but, we have to be civil in handling international situations.

2Tours N Iraq`:
In an effort to keep this from getting too political, I think that speech is fitting and the ruling just. I too am a soldier and definately see things in a different perspective. What blows my mind is that because of the actions of a few Americans mistreating detainees, the terrorists are seeking sympathy for their "abuse" yet the prisoners they take captive are getting decapitated. What kind of sick and messed up world sympathizes with those getting abused vs. those getting their heads cut off by animals (as you cease being human upon conducting and cononing such actions)?!?

Well put 2Tours. Thanks for the post DMP.

DMP:
General Pershing had a good way with dealing with terrorists in his time (this is not to flame or make people mad....just a history lesson). Would make them (the terrorist) think twice before they tried anything but, we have to be civil in handling international situations.

He definitely had a unique and effective way of dealing with terrorists. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom