JTrak on Ubuntu 10.10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrSpock

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anybody figured out how to install JTrak 1.1.9 on Ubuntu 10.10? I managed to make the IR dongle work but can't properly install the JTrak for Linux. If I sudo su root and run it from the terminal - it works. Otherwise it throws Java exceptions.

Another question: where does it store the data?

I know using Windows would be easier, but the idea is to have a cheap small netbook with linux for logging dives.

Last edited:
I tried. Same result. It is throwing Java exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: de/frobese/jtrak/model/LogbuchManager
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: de.frobese.jtrak.model.LogbuchManager
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
Could not find the main class: de.frobese.jtrak.app.JTrakLinux. Program will exit.

Finally I figured it out. All it takes is to specify a classpath for all .jar files in the /lib directory. Happy now!

Is there anychance you post your .sh file or a command line you used? im stuck.

There you go. Just replace "/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux" with your path and save as xxx.sh

Code:
#!/bin/bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib/
java -classpath /home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/comm.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/FormatedTextFields-2.0.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/hsqldb.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/irsocket.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/jdom.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/jh.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/jir.jar /home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/jtrak_help.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/JTrak.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/jtrak_resources.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/local_extensions.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/log4j-1.2.8.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/MRJAdapter.jar;/home/alex/JTrak_119_linux/lib/poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar -jar jtrak_linux.jar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom