Jonathan Dickinson State Park Golf Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Multiplied by 9.... JD state park was only one of them.
True; I've only talked to people who were going to attend the Anastasia Island and Oleta River meetings and I don't know how much turnout they were expecting, although it sounded like there was also an uproar about the plans to put a 350-unit lodge at Anastasia Island.

One question I have (as a primarily mangrove/seagrass/coral consultant who occasionally dabbles in Southeast Florida terrestrial protected species) is how many hurdles they'd have to clear at the federal level.

True; I've only talked to people who were going to attend the Anastasia Island and Oleta River meetings and I don't know how much turnout they were expecting, although it sounded like there was also an uproar about the plans to put a 350-unit lodge at Anastasia Island.

One question I have (as a primarily mangrove/seagrass/coral consultant who occasionally dabbles in Southeast Florida terrestrial protected species) is how many hurdles they'd have to clear at the federal level.

I am an environmental consultant. Wetland biologist, primarily (certified professional wetland scientist), with water quality and listed species focus. I have worked in environmental regulatory arena public and private sectors for more than 25 years, including FDEP and water management distict. The Federal Endangered Species Act is a substantial hurdle in many of the parks they have targeted for development.

I am an environmental consultant. Wetland biologist, primarily (certified professional wetland scientist), with water quality and listed species focus. I have worked in environmental regulatory arena public and private sectors for more than 25 years, including FDEP and water management distict. The Federal Endangered Species Act is a substantial hurdle in many of the parks they have targeted for development.
Which makes me wonder if DeSantis is betting on the ESA being gutted soon.

so DeSantis wants glamping & pickle ball courts at state parks, is he running already for 2028 or paying off donors, even Gaetz is against it.

3rd time's a charm

Just leaves the 350-room lodges at two other state parks, plus the pickleball courts, disc golf courses, etc ... yeah, going to treat this like a staked vampire. Or a xenomorph infestation.

Back
Top Bottom